- Niger Delta militants under the aegis of Joint Revolutionary Council (JRC) say that Osinbajo's tour of some Niger Delta states would not have been successful without the contributions of ex-president Goodluck Jonathan
- The JRC said Jonathan’s earlier visit to Gbaramatu kingdom made the atmosphere conducive for Osinbajo’s arrive
- The group praised Jonathan for his statesman-like act and intelligence in handling affairs of the region
Jonathan made Osinbajo’s tour of Niger Delta a success by visiting Gbaramatu Kingdom in December 2016, says Niger Delta militants
A group of Niger Delta militants have said that the successful tour of some states in the region by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo was made possible by moves made earlier by former president Goodluck Jonathan.
According to the group called Joint Revolutionary Council (JRC), Jonathan’s earlier visit to Gbaramatu kingdom made the atmosphere conducive for Osinbajo’s arrive.
The Guardian reports that in a statement released by the JRC spokesperson Cynthia Whyte, the group said: “In the past few months, Osinbajo had said the right words and a good number of people in the Niger Delta have expressed satisfaction with his utterances. We will continue to watch with cautious optimism. We however, wonder: Where were all these intellect and wisdom when his principal was in the saddle?
Osinbajo (right) speaking with Rivers governor Nyesom Wike during a stop over at Port Harcourt Airport on his Niger Delta tour that has been widely applauded.
“It is important that we commend former president Jonathan for watering the ground before the trip by VP/AP Osinbajo. It was Goodluck Jonathan who made Osinbajo’s trip a success.”
The militants also claimed that Jonathan action of visiting Gbaramatu kingdom in December 2016 and his utterances created the right atmosphere for the warm reception Osinbajo got in the region.
The statement added: “In the past few months, he had said the right words and a good number of people in the Niger Delta have expressed satisfaction with his utterances. We will continue to watch with cautious optimism. We however, wonder: Where were all these intellect and wisdom when his principal was in the saddle?
“It is important that we commend former president Jonathan for watering the ground before the trip by VP/AP Osinbajo. It was Goodluck Jonathan who made Osinbajo’s trip a success.
“It is truly difficult to understand why a Goodluck Jonathan, whose tenure had been so vilified, wants to work for the success of the same people who have continued to try so hard to denigrate him. The Niger Delta may be angry with Goodluck Jonathan, but that same zone may erupt in violence because of Jonathan.”
Meanwhile, in another move to save his party, former President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday, February 28, met with governors elected on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) over the leadership crisis rocking the opposition.
According to reports, governors that attended the meeting included Seriake Dickson (Bayelsa); Ibrahim Dankwabo (Gombe); Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta); Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia); Dave Umahi (Ebonyi); Benedict Ayade (Cross River); Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom); Darius Ishaku (Taraba); Ayo Fayose (Ekiti); and the Deputy Governor of Rivers state, Ipalibo Banigo.
About Article Author
He is extremely motivated, organized and disciplined. Nick has have over 6+ years experience with web content management, administrative duties, Excel, Microsoft software, Quick books, Customer Service, as well as email management, internet research and data entry. He is committed to producing top-notch, quality work, which is his driving force.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerians throng Twinkas, another Ponzi scheme despite losing billions to MMM
- Nigerian Senate Uncovers Fresh N10trn Fraud In NNPC
- 5 Things You Should Never Write On Your CV
- See Imo First Flyover Beautifully, Magnificently And Tastefully Completed (pics)
- Emmanuel Daniel Buzabeye 'Edaniels', A Visually Impaired Singer (Photos)
- Driver Allegedly Arrested For Refusing To Give Bribe To Policemen In Lagos. Photos
- Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It - Wole Soyinka
- Fidel Castro dies aged 90
- Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer
- See What Embattled Lawmaker Abdulmumin Jibrin Posted About The "Other Room". Photo
- The Moment An Elephant Rushed To Rescue Her "Drowning" Trainer From A River. Photos
- "Buhari?s, Wife?s Comments Was Taken Out Of Context" --says Rochas Okorocha
- Proud Farmer Wins Online Praises For His Massive Farm Produce In Imo - Photos
- See How A Truck Was Almost Swallowed In China After A Road Caved In. Photos
- Lady Who Cheated Death After Tragic Trailer Accident Narrates Her Ordeal - Photos
- Girl Who Tried To Take Selfie Near A Ferris Wheel Loses All Her Hair After Accident. Photos/Video
- Fatal Accident Leaves At Least Nine Dead In Osun State
- PHOTOS: Trailer And Bus Catch Fire In Mile 2, Lagos
- Custom Officers Shoot 4 Residents While Chasing A Smuggler In Badagry
- PHOTONEWS: Woman burnt to death while using phone in
- Sheriff: Factional PDP Chairman appoints his deputy
- Sack SGF for calling national confab “food for boys” – PDP Vice Chairman tells Buhari
- Niger Delta: Another deadly militant group emerges, threatens to shutdown oil facilities
- Disconnect us from your electricity – Hoteliers in Port Harcourt tell PHED
- Wike, security agencies demolish criminal den in Rivers state
- Kaduna State Police Command maps out strategy to curb crimes
- Strike: Ondo government, civil servants’ meeting end in another deadlock
- Osun Hijab drama: Christian, Muslims unions in war of words
- Governor Ikpeazu faults trial court ruling
- Forgery trial: I am witnessing as a Unity Forum member – Ojudu
- Kidnapping: IG orders immediate deployment of Special Forces to Kogi
- CBN to sack Chairmen, MDs of banks over financial statements
- Ikpeazu Files an Appeal Against Removal From Office
- Buhari Feasting With the Rich While His Supporters are Starving -BBOG Campaigner
- 254 Teachers Sue Wike to Court Over 5 Months Salary Arrears
- Niger Delta: US warns militants against violence
- Shehu Sani: Senator lectures Saraki, Ekweremadu on how to live in prison
- Niger Delta: New militant group emerges in Imo
- Argentina football legend Maradona pleads with Lionel Messi not to retire from international football
- See Faces Of The Senators Who Followed Saraki & Ekweremadu To Court Yesterday (WATCH)