Vanguard is reporting that just few days after the violent clashes broke out between Hausa and Yoruba communities in Ile-Ife, fresh communal clash has broken out in Osun state. According to the report, the clash broke out on Friday, March 31 in Ife North Local Government Area of Osun.
No fewer than ten people were injured in the fresh violence.
onlinenigeria.com gathered the fresh clash was between the people of Ipetumodu and Asipa in Ife north area of the state. According to an eyewitness account, the clash started on Wednesday evening shortly after an alleged misunderstanding that broke out after an inter house sports football competition in the Community High School Ipetumodu, not far away from Asipa.
Youths from both communities were allegedly involved in the fight. Some unidentified youths were said to have taken advantage of the face off between the students and set ablaze the popular Akinola Market in Asipa a development that escalated the crisis between the two communities.
Gun shots were reportedly fired into the air to heighten tension in the area and no fewer than ten persons sustained injuries. Policemen arrived later to maintain law and order.
Asari Dokubo appraises Buhari, warns Osinbajo According to one of the traditional chiefs who spoke on condition of anonymity, Asipa community was to blame. He alleged that the other community turned a mere school riot to community clash to burn the market.
He also alleged that this was not the first time that such attack would be carried out against his people. However, a leader of Asipa community, Julius Ogerinde denied the allegation saying that they were aggrieved because of the government white paper on the disputed land which favoured the other community.
“They only used the avenue of the Inter house Sport competition to perpetrate their grievances and three of our people were shot," he said.
When contacted, the police spokesperson, Mrs. Folashade Odoro confirmed the clash, saying policemen had been drafted to the area to maintain law and order and normalcy has since returned to the area.
Recall that many lives and millions of property destroyed in the last clash in Ile-Ife. The Nigeria Police Force recently said it arrested 21 suspects over the March 8 killings and destruction of property in Ile-Ife, Osun State. Force Spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, Chief Superintendent of Police, made the disclosure in Abuja when he presented the suspects before newsmen.
About Article Author
He is extremely motivated, organized and disciplined. Nick has have over 6+ years experience with web content management, administrative duties, Excel, Microsoft software, Quick books, Customer Service, as well as email management, internet research and data entry. He is committed to producing top-notch, quality work, which is his driving force.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerians throng Twinkas, another Ponzi scheme despite losing billions to MMM
- Nigerian Senate Uncovers Fresh N10trn Fraud In NNPC
- 5 Things You Should Never Write On Your CV
- See Imo First Flyover Beautifully, Magnificently And Tastefully Completed (pics)
- Emmanuel Daniel Buzabeye 'Edaniels', A Visually Impaired Singer (Photos)
- Driver Allegedly Arrested For Refusing To Give Bribe To Policemen In Lagos. Photos
- Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It - Wole Soyinka
- Fidel Castro dies aged 90
- Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer
- See What Embattled Lawmaker Abdulmumin Jibrin Posted About The "Other Room". Photo
- The Moment An Elephant Rushed To Rescue Her "Drowning" Trainer From A River. Photos
- "Buhari?s, Wife?s Comments Was Taken Out Of Context" --says Rochas Okorocha
- Proud Farmer Wins Online Praises For His Massive Farm Produce In Imo - Photos
- See How A Truck Was Almost Swallowed In China After A Road Caved In. Photos
- Lady Who Cheated Death After Tragic Trailer Accident Narrates Her Ordeal - Photos
- Girl Who Tried To Take Selfie Near A Ferris Wheel Loses All Her Hair After Accident. Photos/Video
- Fatal Accident Leaves At Least Nine Dead In Osun State
- PHOTOS: Trailer And Bus Catch Fire In Mile 2, Lagos
- Custom Officers Shoot 4 Residents While Chasing A Smuggler In Badagry
- PHOTONEWS: Woman burnt to death while using phone in
- Sheriff: Factional PDP Chairman appoints his deputy
- Sack SGF for calling national confab “food for boys” – PDP Vice Chairman tells Buhari
- Niger Delta: Another deadly militant group emerges, threatens to shutdown oil facilities
- Disconnect us from your electricity – Hoteliers in Port Harcourt tell PHED
- Wike, security agencies demolish criminal den in Rivers state
- Kaduna State Police Command maps out strategy to curb crimes
- Strike: Ondo government, civil servants’ meeting end in another deadlock
- Osun Hijab drama: Christian, Muslims unions in war of words
- Governor Ikpeazu faults trial court ruling
- Forgery trial: I am witnessing as a Unity Forum member – Ojudu
- Kidnapping: IG orders immediate deployment of Special Forces to Kogi
- CBN to sack Chairmen, MDs of banks over financial statements
- Ikpeazu Files an Appeal Against Removal From Office
- Buhari Feasting With the Rich While His Supporters are Starving -BBOG Campaigner
- 254 Teachers Sue Wike to Court Over 5 Months Salary Arrears
- Niger Delta: US warns militants against violence
- Shehu Sani: Senator lectures Saraki, Ekweremadu on how to live in prison
- Niger Delta: New militant group emerges in Imo
- Argentina football legend Maradona pleads with Lionel Messi not to retire from international football
- See Faces Of The Senators Who Followed Saraki & Ekweremadu To Court Yesterday (WATCH)