The National Vice Chairman, Peoples Democratic Party, (South West), Dr Eddy Olafeso, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari and the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to call the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Babachir Lawal, to order over his comment on the report and delegates to the 2014 National Conference.
Dr Olafeso told newsmen in Akure on Tuesday that it was unbelievable that someone holding a position such as the SGF could describe the conference as “food for the boys”.
He said: “I am quite surprised that someone highly placed in the APC will come up with extreme vituperation on national issues that bother on the existence and survival of the country.
“It is so sad and unfortunate for him to say that National Conference was just food for the boys. This is a conference where kings, emirs, notable Nigerians in all spheres of life sat for several months to discuss the way-forward for the country.
“Important national issues such as true federalism, resource control, the existence of the country were extensively discussed and you as the SGF, an engineer, a former national vice chairman of a party, will come up and just destroy the entire efforts of Nigerians, it so very sad and unfortunate.
“For us, we want the President to succeed because if he succeeds, Nigeria must have taken a positive step forward.
“But for people around him to throw stones at all efforts to rebuild our country, leaves so much to be desired. Nigerians are very unhappy.”
On the exclusion of four states from the ambassadorial list, Olafeso wondered “why on earth will that be done without these four state being considered?
“If it were during the PDP, the heavens will be made to fall; and now he can justify that kind of irresponsible action. why is the Federal Character part of measures to ensure balance in our appointments?
“Why on earth will he as the SGF or overseeing the entire country begin to make comments that are divisive? Or does he feel for the members of APC in that the state he mentioned, how does he want them to feel?
“Can their members in these state feel a sense of excitement and belonging when he, by his own excuses, decided to exclude them from being part of what should be considered?
“Does it mean that they did not work for the party? So now that he was a National Chairman of the party in the North-East, he was the only person that is so-deservedly to be given an appointment, others don’t have right to that.
“You see, that is why the President must call to order a lot of the people close to him because they are alienating not only the opposition but also alienating his own party people.
“It is like they have hijacked power and it doesn’t matter anymore those who worked for them both in the south-west, south-east and south-south; what counts is the north. It is not going to work like that. We have seen it happened in the past, you see how nature has actually breached that gap.
“The earlier we begin to think of unity and cooperation among ourselves, and begin to practise true federalism, the better for us. 27 out of 36 states cannot pay salaries and you don’t see the need and dire desire to actually restructure system of government.
“I think it opens a vista to the minds of those that were supposed to help the President come up with policies that can advance this country.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerians throng Twinkas, another Ponzi scheme despite losing billions to MMM
- Nigerian Senate Uncovers Fresh N10trn Fraud In NNPC
- 5 Things You Should Never Write On Your CV
- See Imo First Flyover Beautifully, Magnificently And Tastefully Completed (pics)
- Emmanuel Daniel Buzabeye 'Edaniels', A Visually Impaired Singer (Photos)
- Driver Allegedly Arrested For Refusing To Give Bribe To Policemen In Lagos. Photos
- Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It - Wole Soyinka
- Fidel Castro dies aged 90
- Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer
- See What Embattled Lawmaker Abdulmumin Jibrin Posted About The "Other Room". Photo
- The Moment An Elephant Rushed To Rescue Her "Drowning" Trainer From A River. Photos
- "Buhari?s, Wife?s Comments Was Taken Out Of Context" --says Rochas Okorocha
- Proud Farmer Wins Online Praises For His Massive Farm Produce In Imo - Photos
- See How A Truck Was Almost Swallowed In China After A Road Caved In. Photos
- Lady Who Cheated Death After Tragic Trailer Accident Narrates Her Ordeal - Photos
- Girl Who Tried To Take Selfie Near A Ferris Wheel Loses All Her Hair After Accident. Photos/Video
- Fatal Accident Leaves At Least Nine Dead In Osun State
- PHOTOS: Trailer And Bus Catch Fire In Mile 2, Lagos
- Custom Officers Shoot 4 Residents While Chasing A Smuggler In Badagry
- PHOTONEWS: Woman burnt to death while using phone in
- Sheriff: Factional PDP Chairman appoints his deputy
- Sack SGF for calling national confab “food for boys” – PDP Vice Chairman tells Buhari
- Niger Delta: Another deadly militant group emerges, threatens to shutdown oil facilities
- Disconnect us from your electricity – Hoteliers in Port Harcourt tell PHED
- Wike, security agencies demolish criminal den in Rivers state
- Kaduna State Police Command maps out strategy to curb crimes
- Strike: Ondo government, civil servants’ meeting end in another deadlock
- Osun Hijab drama: Christian, Muslims unions in war of words
- Governor Ikpeazu faults trial court ruling
- Forgery trial: I am witnessing as a Unity Forum member – Ojudu
- Kidnapping: IG orders immediate deployment of Special Forces to Kogi
- CBN to sack Chairmen, MDs of banks over financial statements
- Ikpeazu Files an Appeal Against Removal From Office
- Buhari Feasting With the Rich While His Supporters are Starving -BBOG Campaigner
- 254 Teachers Sue Wike to Court Over 5 Months Salary Arrears
- Niger Delta: US warns militants against violence
- Shehu Sani: Senator lectures Saraki, Ekweremadu on how to live in prison
- Niger Delta: New militant group emerges in Imo
- Argentina football legend Maradona pleads with Lionel Messi not to retire from international football
- See Faces Of The Senators Who Followed Saraki & Ekweremadu To Court Yesterday (WATCH)