Olamide at Headies 2016(YouTube )
ALSO READ: Watch Olamide play with his son
"On behalf of YBNL, I'm here to say a big sorry to the Headies crew, Hip TV crew and Mr Ayo Animashaun himself, if not for anything he has always been supportive, from 2010 when Kaffy brought me to the office, so he's more like my dad in the industry, so I had to find a way to come down here and apologize for everything that has happened" said Olamide.
This sober moment from the rapper which tainted the award and nearly started beef between Mavin Records feels like a turning point from him. We all know Olamide to be a person who does not look back whenever he does something controversial much less making an apology in public. He does what he wants.
Rapper Olamide throwing up the middle finger at Headies 2015.(Hip TV )
Two weeks ago Olamide reposted a meme that was insensitive towards the killing of gay people in Pulse nightclub in Orlando. The meme touched some people the wrong way including female footballer Chichi Igbo who dragged him on Instagram.
"Olamide aka @baddosneh you are officially a douchebag for being so insensitive over such tragedy, gay or straight, lives were lost and I don't see how anyone can make joke with such" she wrote on Instagram. Olamide simply deleted the meme but did not apologize.
Wizkid and Davido were absent at Olamide's concert.(Press)
ALSO READ: Olamide set to drop 6th album
Apart from that, the Headies drama has been a black cloud hovering over Olamide's head. A quick Google search of 'Olamide' and 'controversy' mostly shows links of Olamide versus Don Jazzy at the Headies. While Olamide has been a rebel doing things his own way, he has managed not to have any lingering issues with anyone in the music industry. The Headies 2015 debacle was the only one.
Olamide and Don Jazzy
Olamide's apology comes up at the right time now that he is getting set to drop his sixth album. According to sources,the YBNL boss is putting in work to release his sixth solo album in a couple months time. A sensible act knows it is better to tie up all loose ends when his album is about to drop and this is what Olamide has done. Also he does not want to harm his chances of not getting nominated this year.
Most importantly I would like to believe that Olamide has now matured and realizes that when he does something wrong there is nothing bad in apologizing.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerians throng Twinkas, another Ponzi scheme despite losing billions to MMM
- Nigerian Senate Uncovers Fresh N10trn Fraud In NNPC
- 5 Things You Should Never Write On Your CV
- See Imo First Flyover Beautifully, Magnificently And Tastefully Completed (pics)
- Emmanuel Daniel Buzabeye 'Edaniels', A Visually Impaired Singer (Photos)
- Driver Allegedly Arrested For Refusing To Give Bribe To Policemen In Lagos. Photos
- Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It - Wole Soyinka
- Fidel Castro dies aged 90
- Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer
- See What Embattled Lawmaker Abdulmumin Jibrin Posted About The "Other Room". Photo
- The Moment An Elephant Rushed To Rescue Her "Drowning" Trainer From A River. Photos
- "Buhari?s, Wife?s Comments Was Taken Out Of Context" --says Rochas Okorocha
- Proud Farmer Wins Online Praises For His Massive Farm Produce In Imo - Photos
- See How A Truck Was Almost Swallowed In China After A Road Caved In. Photos
- Lady Who Cheated Death After Tragic Trailer Accident Narrates Her Ordeal - Photos
- Girl Who Tried To Take Selfie Near A Ferris Wheel Loses All Her Hair After Accident. Photos/Video
- Fatal Accident Leaves At Least Nine Dead In Osun State
- PHOTOS: Trailer And Bus Catch Fire In Mile 2, Lagos
- Custom Officers Shoot 4 Residents While Chasing A Smuggler In Badagry
- PHOTONEWS: Woman burnt to death while using phone in
- Sheriff: Factional PDP Chairman appoints his deputy
- Sack SGF for calling national confab “food for boys” – PDP Vice Chairman tells Buhari
- Niger Delta: Another deadly militant group emerges, threatens to shutdown oil facilities
- Disconnect us from your electricity – Hoteliers in Port Harcourt tell PHED
- Wike, security agencies demolish criminal den in Rivers state
- Kaduna State Police Command maps out strategy to curb crimes
- Strike: Ondo government, civil servants’ meeting end in another deadlock
- Osun Hijab drama: Christian, Muslims unions in war of words
- Governor Ikpeazu faults trial court ruling
- Forgery trial: I am witnessing as a Unity Forum member – Ojudu
- Kidnapping: IG orders immediate deployment of Special Forces to Kogi
- CBN to sack Chairmen, MDs of banks over financial statements
- Ikpeazu Files an Appeal Against Removal From Office
- Buhari Feasting With the Rich While His Supporters are Starving -BBOG Campaigner
- 254 Teachers Sue Wike to Court Over 5 Months Salary Arrears
- Niger Delta: US warns militants against violence
- Shehu Sani: Senator lectures Saraki, Ekweremadu on how to live in prison
- Niger Delta: New militant group emerges in Imo
- Argentina football legend Maradona pleads with Lionel Messi not to retire from international football
- See Faces Of The Senators Who Followed Saraki & Ekweremadu To Court Yesterday (WATCH)