Dino Melaye was a boy on the street when I was the NUJ president – Sen Smart Adeyemi
– Senator Smart Adeyemi has lambasted his successor, Dino Melaye over comments
– Senator Smart Adeyemi had called for an investigation of the alleged bribery tape between his successor, Senator Dino Melaye and Justice Akoh Ikpeme
– The duo have been engaged in political battle in the last few months
Former senator Smart Adeyemi who represented Kogi West constituency on Sunday in a chat with Channels television said that Senator Dino Melaye who is currently representing Kogi West constituency was a boy on the street when he ‘Sen. Smart’ was the president of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) from 1999 to 2006.
NAIJ.com gathered that Adeyemi said this drawing their antecedents and background to bare for people to select between them the most honoured and respected man of integrity.
It was more or less a ring-word-pouncing-battle between Sen. Smart and Sen. Dino which was officiated by Seun Okinbaloye, channels anchor person.
A balance coverage given to the duo to express and counter allegations they leveled against each other.
The chat addressed the following Kogi political turbulence below:
1. Alleged recalling of Dino Melaye by his home state?
2. Alleged alteration and manipulation of their primary election results by INEC?
3. Alleged award of contracts undelivered by Sen. Smart?
4. Alleged audio conversation between Dino and Justice Akon Ikpeme?
5. Dino allegedly seeking for the resignation of Gov. Yahaya Bello?
All this and many other issues were attempted and addressed by Sen. Smart and Dino Melaye, at the cause of which both slammed each other trying to defend their integrity.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
NAIJ.com had previously reported that Senator Smart Adeyemi, former candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 2015 general election, has called for investigations into the leaked tape of a conversation held between his successor, Senator Dino Melaye and Justice Akoh Ikpeme.
He later explained that the conduct of Justice Ikpeme and her team during the sitting of the Elections Tribunal in Lokoja was not accepted.