Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas celebrates Antonio Conte’s sacking
Cesc Fabregas has been caught ‘liking’ a tweet celebrating Antonio Conte’s departure from Chelsea.
Conte finally lost his job on Thursday following months of speculation, with former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri set to take over the reins from his compatriot at Stamford Bridge ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.
It’s understood the Blues have wrapped up deal for both Sarri and Napoli midfielder Jorginho this week and the duo are expected to be unveiled in the coming days.
Willian revealed at a rift with Conte in the aftermath of Chelsea’s FA Cup win last season on Instagram and now Fabregas has fired a parting shot at the Italian.
It appears Fabregas, who was linked with a move away from Chelsea in Conte’s opening season at the club, is rather happy that a new manager is on his way to the club.
The Spaniard ‘liked’ a tweet which reads: ‘Yessssssssss Conte gonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn’
Fabregas later claimed it was a mistake – before deleting his apology. Do we believe him?
Fabregas hinted that he partly blamed Conte for missing out on selection for Spain’s squad for the World Cup in Russia this summer.
‘When Conte first game to Chelsea I wasn’t playing at all,’ he said last month.
‘He [Julen Lopetegui] wanted to try to give opportunities to the younger players who he worked with at the Under-21s and Under-19s.
‘Fair play to him, they’ve done well, they’ve been playing well for two years.
‘They qualified in style and they deserved their opportunity as well. I just have to wait and keep working.’
The midfielder also criticised Conte’s defensive tactics following Chelsea’s Champions League tie with Barcelona back in February.
‘To spend 90 minutes there defending can be a long 90 minutes. It can be an eternity,’ Fabregas said after the first leg of Chelsea’s defeat to Barca.
‘You have to go there to attack we have to feel we can hurt them.
‘Defending for 90 minutes is a suicide mission we have to have personality and play our game.’