Student electrocuted while swearing to prove his innocence to his friend

July 12, 2018
30 Views

A student of Eyaen Secondary School, Benin, Edo State, died after being electrocuted by the steel rod used to reinforce a utility pole.

The incident happened earlier today. According to an eyewitness, the utility pole had been hit by a vehicle, making the steel rods embedded in it to be exposed.

The JSS 3 student was said to be arguing with his mates who accused him wrongly. They dared him to swear with any metallic object to prove his innocence.
Not knowing that the steel rods are electrified, he grabbed one in order to prove his innocence and was electrocuted immediately.




Loading...

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.