Just in: President Buhari makes 28 new appointments (full list)
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of 28 judicial officers for the Court of Appeal, Federal High Court and the high court of the Federal Capital Territory on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council.
The 12 justices approved for the Court of Appeal are:
1. Hon. (Mr) Justice P. A. Mahmud
2. Hon. (Mr) Justice F. O. Ojo
3. Hon. (Mr) Justice I. A. Andenyangsto
4. Hon. (Mr) Justice G. O. Kolawole
5. Hon. (Mr) Justice B. B. Aliyu
6. Hon. (Mr) Justice Ebiowei Tobi
7. Hon. (Mr) Justice J. G. Abundaga
8. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. S. Umar
9. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. M. Talba
10. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. M. Bayero
11. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. M. Lamido
12. Hon. (Mr) Justice M. B. Idris
The following nine judges were approved for the Federal High Court:
1. Sunday Bassey Onu
2. Mrs. Adefunmilola Adekemi Demi-Ajayi
3. Hon. (Mr) Justice Peter O. Lifu
4. Obiora Atuegwu Egwuata
5. Sa’adatu Ibrahim Mark (Mrs)
6. Mobolaji Olubukola Olajuwon
7. Aminu Bappa Aliyu
8. Tijjani Garba Ringim
9. Nkeonye Evelyn Maha
The president approved Seven (7) Judges for the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory as follows:
1. Binta Mohammed
2. Modupe Osho-Adebiyi
3. Gaba Venchak Simon
4. Babangida Hassan
5. Akobi Iyabeni Anna
6. Samirah Umar Bature
7. Asmau Akanbi Yusuf
The Justices of the Court of Appeal, According to Premium Times, will be sworn-in by the Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman, National Judicial Council, Waalter Onnoghen, on June 22 by 10 am.
NAIJ.com gathered that hose appointed for the Federal High Court will be sworn-in on June 25 at 2 pm, and judges appointed for the high court of the FCT are to be sworn-in on June 26 by 2 pm at the main hall of the court room of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had previously reported that President Muhammadu Buhari insisted that his administration’s policies are beyond ethnicity, religion and geographical lines; and reaffirmed his commitment to the rapid development of the country.
He made the assertion on Wednesday, June 20, while receiving the Grand Khalifa of Tijjaniya, Sheikh Ahmed Tijjani Ibrahim Inyass, at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa.
The president said that his administration will bring out the best in Nigeria, and promised to make the country the most beautiful place to visit in Africa.
EXCLUSIVE: Be patient with President Buhari, Femi Adesina tells Nigerians – On NAIJ.com TV