Legendary Manchester United midfielder Paul Ince says Chilean star forward Alexis Sanchez made a mistake leaving Arsenal for Old Trafford.
Sanchez forced his way out of Arsenal with both United and Manchester City eager to sign him.
Also Read: Ronaldo To Become Football’s First Billionaire
The 31-year-old eventually joined United on January 2018 under Jose Mourinho, following a swap deal with Henrikh Mkhitaryan heading to the Emirates.
But after failing to make an impact at United, finding the net just three times in 32 Premier League appearances, he was sent on loan to Inter Milan.
And commenting on the move, Ince believes heading to Old Trafford was never the right move for the former Udinese and Barcelona star.
“Going to United was a mistake,” Ince, 52, told Paddy Power. “I bet Alexis wishes he’d gone to City, like he was supposed to.
“United was never, ever the right move for him; the team wasn’t settled and their style of play wasn’t conducive to him.
“And he was clearly desperate to make an impact. Look at the way Bruno Fernandes has hit the ground running at Old Trafford, that’s what Sanchez wanted, and was expected to do.
“But he didn’t get a lot of game time, he was used out of position, so when he did play he started to come deeper and deeper to get on the ball, to try and influence the game, and that wasn’t his game.”
However, the former Liverpool player stated the Chilean can still reinvigorate his career under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer next season.
“I wouldn’t rule out Sanchez going back to United and being a key part of their team next season. Football is a funny old game.
“I’ve been in the situation as a manager where I’ve thought, ‘right, I’m going to get rid of him and him’ – but when it comes to it you can’t get the deal done, so they stay at the club.
“Then pre-season comes around and they’re a totally different player to the season before, and they’re your key man the next season.
“So Sanchez could definitely go back to United, look fantastic in training, and bang suddenly he’s important to their plans after all.”
During his time at the Emirates Sanchez was one of the most lethal attackers in the division, netting 80 goals and providing 45 assists in 166 matches.How To Make Your Money Work For You During The Covid-19 Pandemic" Earn up to $10,000 residual income monthly....Grab your copy Now! Copyright © 2020 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- BREAKING: Chelsea fans jubilate with Frank Lampard on Timo Werner’s move to Stamford Bridge
- Ex- Senate leader vows vengeance for late Barakat Bello
- Sahara Reporters, others shun Lagos Assembly adhoc committee invitation
- Casual workers, another form of ‘modern day slavery’ – NLC
- Importers, agents decry Customs service failure at Tin Can Port
- NIWA faults Lagos Attorney General on waterways jurisdiction
- NPA donates computers to Nigerians in diaspora
- Lagos releases new dates for re-opening of churches, mosques
- Directors, others jostle for vacant federal civil service positions
- Another Nigerian top celebrity in rape scandal
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves jumps as oil nears $40
- U.S retaliates, bars Chinese airlines from entering country
- Nigeria’s Bonny Light inches closer to $40
- Covid-19: More than 1000 die of infection in 24 hrs
- Enough of self-pity Southern Kaduna
- Dbanj accused of rape
- How Dbanj raped me — Victim
- SERAP drags Buhari, NASS to UN over cuts in health, UBE budgets
- Protest looms over governors’ refusal to open churches, mosques after PTF order
- Fresh bloodbath in Southern Kaduna, suspected Fulani Herdsmen slaughter 16 women, children in rural community
- COVID-19 hits hard on banks ad impression
- Chairman of covid-19 task force tests positive
- Uncertainty forces Naira down against US Dollar
- Lagos Assembly set to re-order Y2020 budget
- Obasa mourns Senator Muse demise, condoles family members
- Military arrest fake soldiers in Delta
- Sen Dino Melaye puts Gov Yahaya Bello, APC on fresh hot seat
- Buhari reassures Adesina, AfDB President, of support
- Floyd: White man arrested along with Floyd speaks out
- AfDB: No shaking! Adesina assured of Buhari’s word to moblisie Africa for second term
- What Buhari told Adesina about his re-elections bid at AfDB
- President Buhari gets Senate approval to borrow $5.513bn
- New pump price of fuel is fraud, here is why, says PDP
- Mrs. Okowa at 59, seeks God’s gift for 120 years
- Freedom for Orji Kalu at last
- Crude oil prices appreciate as investors remain optimistic over cut
- FRSC spokesman, Bisi Kazeem, others decorated with new ranks
- Football fans react as NFF President Amaju Pinnick blows hot on Nigerian football
- Latest: Why Sanwo-Olu keeps churches, mosques closed after FG lifted restrictions
- Lagos Assembly says financial autonomy key for a virile nation