The dream of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi playing together at Barcelona may as well come alive in reality anytime soon if the pressure to bring both icons keeps pushing through.
And right now the pressure is getting to Ronaldo’s team and they have started speaking.
In the past couple of weeks Ronaldo was linked with a move to PSG and, following Juventus’ departure from the Champions League, he’s apparently been offered out elsewhere.
That offer has even included the potential of a shock move to Barca, signing for his former side’s fierce rivals and teaming up with his long term foe Messi.
Fans have also taken his tweet messages seriously. They are reading meaning to his vacation posts. Where he said “On board”. And in another post where he is pictured with his girlfriend.
In both photos, the Real Madrid star is seen wearing the Barca blue. Same color the girl friend wears as bikini.
All these are happening while another source close to the player says the rumours are “totally false.”
The source suspected to be a Juventus fan says “It’s not just Barcelona that won’t be signing the former Real Madrid star, the player and his family are happy in Turin and he has no intention of leaving.”
Now we await to see how things pans out when Barca take on Bayern Munich later tonight. Surely the result would affect the coming of Ronaldo to Barca.
Since Spanish journalist Guillem Balague still insists that Juventus wants to sell the player to reduce their wage bill.
The 35-year-old’s deal runs until 2022 and he reportedly earns around £28 million-a-year, which means he would earn nearly four times more than the club’s next top earner Matthijs de Ligt.
Ronaldo moved to Juventus in the summer of 2018, after winning a third Champions League in-a-row with the Spanish side and having become the club’s all time top scorer.
He was signed with the purpose of winning the European title for the Old Lady, who haven’t won it since 1996, but things haven’t gone according to plan.
Maurizio Sarri was given his marching orders last week after the Italian’s were knocked out in the last 16 of the Champions League by Lyon, just weeks after he won his first league title
Juve have replaced the former Chelsea boss with Andrea Pirlo, despite the club’s former midfielder having no experience in the role.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others
- MAGU: Malami, Salami at loggerheads as justice minister disobeys presidential panel on certain ground
- Investors shift attention to equities, gain N67bn
- Good news: Only 12 states with Covid-19 new cases (see states)