Orbih at the PDP campaign in Afuze Ward 1, Owan East Local Government Area, revealed two reasons Oshiomhole should not be trusted in the leadership of the state which he related to failure to fulfil promises and deception.
Dan Orbih had declared: “Adams Oshiomhole never fulfilled any of the promises he made to the good people of Afuze during his time in office as governor of the state.
“He brought a signpost with Tayo Akpata University inscribed on it, to Afuze, on the eve of his election and later went to build a university in his country home, Iyamho.
“He told us that the current gubernatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu is a thief and can never be trusted with public funds, now he is parading him up and down, campaigning for him.”
Orbih, therefore, advocated: “we all have to stop him; this election is about freedom for the people and will give Governor Obaseki free hand to work for us.
“Now, that you have agreed that our governor should carry on with his good work, let us come out and vote for him massively on the 19th of September.”
One of the PDP governorship aspirants, Kenneth Imasuangbon, also appealed to the people for massive support, adding that APC should forget Edo State which he said is a PDP state. He emphasized the need to end the regime of godfather in Edo State.
Imasuangbon declared: “Edo people are wholeheartedly for Obaseki and APC should forget this election. I can see the fortunes of Edo turning around.
“This election is about defeating the godfather, poverty; and the people will come out victorious. This election is about freedom; it’s about freedom for the people; the poor; our women; students; market women and freedom for all, so that everyone will be able to live his or her life without the fear of godfathers.”
Governor Obaseki acknowledged the support of the people in the constituency since his leadership in past three years and eight months. He assured them of the upgrading of the physical education institution in Afuze, promising to improve the roads in the constituency.
“The World Bank has awarded funds for the revamp of the Institute of Physical Education, Afuze.
Governor Obaseki stated: “I must complete the construction of Errah Road; I am more worried about how I will improve the livelihood of our people in Afuze, all the major roads here have been constructed while others are in our plans.
“This election is about freedom for our people and I urge you all to come out and vote PDP on September 19.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others