Edo 2020: Oshiomhole desperately trading with Edo election to regain national chairman – APC governors
The ousted national chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, has come under the bashing of the APC governors again. The governors under the aegis of the Progressives Governors Forum (PGF) have warned that Oshiomhole is so desperate to use the Edo State governorship election to manipulate his way towards regaining the national chairman of the party.
National Daily learnt that the Director General of the Progressives Governors Forum, Salihu Lukman, raised alarm that Oshiomhole and his associates are making fresh plots to regain the national chairman of the party. Lukman was of the view that the desperation has blinded Oshiomhole and his associates in the APC from handling the governorship campaign in Edo State in accordance with the electioneering regulations or stipulated laws. He added that the ousted national chairman and his team have thrown fair play and the rule of law to the winds, imposing their idiosyncrasies to win the Edo governorship election at all costs.
Salihu Lukman, DG of the Progressives Governors Forum (PGF), alleged that the ousted chairman and his collaborators are plotting to frustrate the APC Interim Caretaker Committee from succeeding in arranging for the APC national convention for the election of new members of the National Working Committee (NWC), including a new national chairman, who will run the administration of the party henceforth.
National Daily gathered that Lukman in a letter to the APC Interim Caretaker Committee disclosed that the plot of the former national chairman is channeled through compelling the party’s caretaker committee suspend further actions, using the Edo governorship election as bargaining instrument.
The PGF DG, Lukman, had last Friday cautioned APC that Oshiomhole’s campaign approach has been making the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) more popular in the preparations for the Edo governorship election and weakening the APC and its candidate. He had also complained that Oshiomhole has hijack the electioneering campaign from the APC candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others