A Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo State, Mr. Kenneth Imasuagbon, says Governor Godwin Obaseki’s victory in the forthcoming gubernatorial election in Edo state will be the end of political godfatherism and poverty among people in the state.
Imasuagbon made this known while speaking to newsmen in Afuze, the headquarters of Owan East Local Government Area of the state recently.
According to him, “Edo is totally for Gov. Godwin Obaseki. Look at it where All Progressives Congress (APC) now in the state is. Obaseki is a lucky man because he has performed Edo people want him as their governor.
“Everybody in Edo want him, Edo is whole heatedly Obaseki and APC should forget this election. I can see the fortune of Edo turning around. This election is going to be a defeat of godfathers, this election is going to be a defeat for poverty, and it’s going to be the people’s victory.
“This election is about freedom, it’s about the freedom of the people, the freedom of the poor, the freedom of our women, and the freedom of the students, the freedom of the market women and of those that didn’t have.
“This is our freedom, it is a freedom that everyone will be able to live his or her life with any fear of godfathers,” He said.
The PDP chieftain called on electorates to come out en-mass and vote for the candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, Gov. Godwin Obaseki in the forthcoming gubernatorial election.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others