The Oyo state Commissioner for Information, culture and Tourism, Dr. Wasiu Olatunbosun has revealed the remedy he took after 56 days in Isolation for COVID-19 as a patient.
He said he took not less than 25 bottles of black seed oil, a bowl of black seed, lots of alligator pepper, bitter kola as well as different brands of herbal concoctions to beat coronavirus.
On how he survived the virus and psychological effects of the 56- day isolation, the Commissioner said though he was asymptomatic, he endured six tests before being certified negative.
He said: “I took 25 bottles of black seed oil, a bowl of black seed, a lot of alligator pepper and bitter-kola as well as different brands of herbal concoctions, which I drank at interval and used for steaming after my normal drugs, but the utmost is prayers to overcome the trauma.”
Olatunbosun, while recounting his COVID-19 experience, said the government must seek ways to supplement orthodox and traditional medicine, especially the use of local herbs for patients.
Olatunbosun said “You would not believe that while I was on self-isolation at home, some people still came to my house on Sallah day to celebrate with me.
“They did not fear at all. I had to send emissaries to them on the phone with gifts and ask them to go home, it was that bad.
Olatubosun commended Governor Seyi Makinde for being “a worthy war commander that never abandoned his soldiers no matter their conditions.”
He said the Governor called him in the morning and in the evening every day to know his conditions throughout isolation.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others