- charges them to be good legislative institution ambassadors
Chairman of Lagos State House of Assembly Service Commission, Chief Wale Mogaji has charged the newly promoted Management and Senior Staff of the Commission to show exemplary leadership qualities in the discharge of their responsibilities.
He enjoined the promoted officers, drawn from various Departments of the Lagos State House of Assembly and the Commssion, to be more dedicated and conduct themselves as true ambassadors of the state government wherever they are in order to justify their Promotion to higher levels.
Mogaji made the assertion while congratulating the 103 officers comprising 44 Management Staff and 59 Senior Staff who have already received their promotion letters; having emerged successful in the recent first Virtual Promotion exercise conducted by the Commission in conjunction with Public Service Staff Development Centre, (PSSDC).
Describing the Virtual Structured Training Programme (Promotion exercise) as successful, the Chairman of the Commission argued that the mode adopted was born out of the Commission’s desire to comply with the State’s directive on the need to rid the State of Covid-19 pandemic.
He further stated that “it was an unanimously agreement by all Commissions in the State to conduct a Virtual Promotion exercise in order to comply with the Governor’s directive and the Federal Government’s guidelines on maintaining social distance.”
To him, virtual assessment is not enough for individual appraisal but can be improved upon to meet up with international standards, stressing that the old method of assessing Officers for promotion is more result -driven.
“There is nothing wrong with Virtual Training but there must be a way to structure the time whereby individual contributions will be better assessed. The strength of individual participants may not be determined within a short period but can be improved upon and restructured in a way that participant can be assessed objectively.”
According to him, “the old method was designed to effectively appraise leadership qualities, competence and comportment for better critical assessment of each member of Staff which can not be achieved via Virtual Assessment.” He however agreed that the Virtual Training Programme has satisfied the purpose for which it was formulated, due to the emergence of the novel COVID – 19.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Zenith Bank, UBA, others most active as stock market appreciates
- Ondo 2020: Obasanjo moves to reinforce PDP, lobbies Mimiko
- School feeding program fraud: EFCC docks Education Secretary
- NG Clearing gets approval to launch Central Counterparty Clearing House
- Misuse of social media can trigger crisis – Army boss
- Buhari sympathizes with Jigawa flood victims
- Obaseki congratulates Buhari, appeals for extension of rail line to Benin Industrial Park
- Police nabs man who circulated victims’ sex video weeks to wedding
- MAGU: Justice Salami forced to speak on anti-Buhari statement he allegedly made
- Ondo 2020: Ayoola pulls down Oke, weakens Akeredolu, takes over Ondo south
- Breaking: Mailafia problem deepens as court rules
- NCC partners NIRA, ICANN, others on proposed internet projects
- First Female Mace bearer surface in Lagos House of Assembly
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News