Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State has felicitated with renowned politician, businessman and elder statesman, Senator Patrick Osakwe, on his 72nd birthday.
the governor in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Olisa Ifeajika, in Asaba, commended Osakwe, his predecessor in the Senate, for his contributions to the growth and development of the state, particularly, Delta North Senatorial District which he represented for 12 years in the Red Chamber of the National Assembly.
governor Okowa acknowledged that Senator Osakwe remains a true patriot and great party man whose unflinching commitment to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Delta State and Nigeria is extraordinary.
Okowa added that the elder statesman’s untiring efforts as a political leader and bridge-builder would remain a reference point for contemporary political discourse.
He recalled Osakwe’s contributions as a three-time Senator, who served in the Senate Committees of Gas, Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Institutions, Appropriation, Niger Delta and Senate Services where he influenced the construction of several strategic link roads in Ndokwa and beyond.
“As a worthy party leader and elder statesman, you have remained a respectable voice, bridge-builder and we thank you for your consistency and loyalty to the PDP.
“Your commitment to the growth and development of our party, Delta and Nigeria is laudable and worthy of appreciation.
“On behalf of my family, the government and people of Delta, I heartily rejoice with a great leader and elder statesman, a reputable and reliable political leader, Senator Patrick Enebeli Osakwe, on the occasion of his 72nd birth anniversary.
”It is with immense pleasure and gratitude to God that I join your family, political associates and other well-wishers in thanking God for blessing you with the strength and wisdom to live a fulfilling life of service and commitment to the well-being of our people.
“It is our prayer that God will continue to protect you and grant you good health to render more services to mankind,” Governor Okowa declared.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others
- MAGU: Malami, Salami at loggerheads as justice minister disobeys presidential panel on certain ground
- Investors shift attention to equities, gain N67bn
- Good news: Only 12 states with Covid-19 new cases (see states)