Manchester United have been in the hunt to for efficient forward to further fortify their attack.
The Old Trafford club who have strongly linked with the transfer of Jadon Sancho are reported to be considering a move for Barcelona sensation Ousmane Dembele if their efforts to land the England international fall through.
National Daily gathered that Ousmane Dembele once asked Manchester United star Anthony Martial about life at Old Trafford.
It is understood that the France international has emerged as a transfer target for United, as they struggle to complete a deal for top target Jadon Sancho.
National Daily recently reported that United have missed Dortmund’s August 10 deadline to make an acceptable offer for £108million-rated Sancho, and were told by club chief Michael Zorc that a transfer is now off the table.
Meanwhile, the Red Devils are expected to remain in pursuit of the England international, who is currently training with his Dortmund team-mates in Switzerland ahead of the new Bundesliga season.
But United are also looking at alternatives, with the former Borussia Dortmund forward believed to be in the mix.
The France international who completed a record £135m move from Dortmund to Barcelona in 2017 as a replacement for Neymar, is said to have been struggling for form in his three years in Spain.
Sequel to the above, the forward has been regularly linked with a move away, and according to reports from Spain in August this year, Dembele made contact with Martial.
However, the discussion of the compatriots was not made public, but Dembele is believed to have asked Martial about life at Old Trafford ahead of a possible move.
With Barcelona boasting the biggest wage bill of any team in the world, they would be keen to reduce their wage bill this summer and could be prepared for Dembele’s exit with the right price.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Zenith Bank, UBA, others most active as stock market appreciates
- Ondo 2020: Obasanjo moves to reinforce PDP, lobbies Mimiko
- School feeding program fraud: EFCC docks Education Secretary
- NG Clearing gets approval to launch Central Counterparty Clearing House
- Misuse of social media can trigger crisis – Army boss
- Buhari sympathizes with Jigawa flood victims
- Obaseki congratulates Buhari, appeals for extension of rail line to Benin Industrial Park
- Police nabs man who circulated victims’ sex video weeks to wedding
- MAGU: Justice Salami forced to speak on anti-Buhari statement he allegedly made
- Ondo 2020: Ayoola pulls down Oke, weakens Akeredolu, takes over Ondo south
- Breaking: Mailafia problem deepens as court rules
- NCC partners NIRA, ICANN, others on proposed internet projects
- First Female Mace bearer surface in Lagos House of Assembly
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News