It has been speculated that two of the best young football sensations in the Bundesliga have been tipped to swap their league for the English Premiership next season.
While Chelsea are eager to secure the services of Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen, their Premier League rivals in Manchester United have not hidden their long time desire to bring Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund to Old Trafford.
Meanwhile, with the latter’s failure to secure Sancho before the expiration of Dortmund’s August 10, 2020 self-set deadline, it has been speculated that the Old Trafford club could reportedly hijack Chelsea’s transfer bid to sign Kai Havertz if their further attempts cannot get a deal done for the England international.
The Bundesliga giant said on Monday that Sancho would be staying in Germany with the Red Devils having so far failed to meet their asking price of £108million.
Though United who made Sancho their top target for this transfer window have not given up hope of signing him, but National Daily can confirm from the report by Manchester Evening News that if they continue to be frustrated they could turn instead to Havertz.
Havertz has been widely expected to join the Stamford Bridge club this summer, but the fact that the Germany international had been linked with interest from the Red Devils previously could change the entire narratives and this will definitely set the path for a transfer bidding war.
Meanwhile, it appears that Havertz transfer may be smoother going by the fact that he has made his intention clear on leaving for a new challenge.
Again, Leverkusen sporting director Rudi Voller said earlier this month that Havertz would not be going anywhere until after the conclusion of the club’s Europa League campaign which has now ended with their elimination by Inter Milan on Monday night’s quarter-final.
It could be assumed that, United could use the £80m they are prepared to splash on Sancho to start the negotiations for Havertz to Chelsea disapproval perhaps.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others