Manchester United are understood to have missed out on the transfer of Jadon Sancho to Old Trafford for next season when they fell short of meeting Borussia Dortmund’s August 10 deadline to make an acceptable offer for £108million-rated Sancho.
Dortmund’s chief Michael Zorc declared on Monday that a possible transfer of Sancho away from Signal Iduna Park this month is now off the table as the England international in the company of his Budesliga teammates are already at Switzerland with their preseason in preparation for the season.
Meanwhile, United legend Rio Ferdinand has advised his former club that Jadon Sancho is exactly the type of player that they should be targeting because the club need the very best National Daily can confirm.
National Daily previously reported that United have been in the market for the England international all summer but have been sadly told on Monday that they have no chance of landing him this month.
Though United missed Dortmund’s self-imposed August 10 deadline with their top brass unprepared to pay Sancho’s full £108million price tag, but Ferdinand wants to see his former club go in for the 20-year-old and make him a Manchester United player before next season.
The former England top defender described Sancho as the “best” young player on the planet “bar none”, Ferdinand told BBC Radio 5 Live: “Manchester United should be in the market for the best players National Daily can confirm.
“He is fantastic. If he does come he’ll be an added value in terms of quality no doubt.
“Manchester United need top players who are going to have an effect on their first XI and I think Jadon Sancho falls into that category.
“If you look at successful Manchester United sides over the years, successful periods, there were players fighting for every position and if you substitute one out and you brought one in there was no change in the quality or the output.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari sympathizes with Jigawa flood victims
- Obaseki congratulates Buhari, appeals for extension of rail line to Benin Industrial Park
- Police nabs man who circulated victims’ sex video weeks to wedding
- MAGU: Justice Salami forced to speak on anti-Buhari statement he allegedly made
- Ondo 2020: Ayoola pulls down Oke, weakens Akeredolu, takes over Ondo south
- Breaking: Mailafia problem deepens as court rules
- NCC partners NIRA, ICANN, others on proposed internet projects
- First Female Mace bearer surface in Lagos House of Assembly
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value