The ousted national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, on Monday encountered seeming disgrace in Esan Land, Edo State, during the governorship election campaign for the APC candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu in Uromi. The embattled former Governor of Edo State, perhaps, being conscious of the public opprobrium awaiting him in the state because of his legacy, changed his campaign strategy from dancing at campaign venues to kneeling to beg for forgiveness. Oshiomhole within his reasoning imposed the burden of sin upon himself for which he has continually been kneeling and begging for forgiveness, most times attempting to beguile Edo leaders and stakeholder into believing that incumbent Governor Godwin Obaseki is the problem of the state.
Meanwhile, Oshiomhole appeared to have led the APC candidate, Ize-Iyamu, into a hypothetical electioneering misfortune at the palace of the Enogie of Igueben on Monday. National Daily learnt that other traditional rulers were invited by the Enogie of Igueben where the APC leaders coordinating Ize-Iyamu’s governorship campaign were hosted.
A PDP stakeholder in Edo State, Andrew Emwata, on AIT morning programme on Tuesday monitored by National Daily from Lagos, said that most traditional rulers did not receive Oshiomhole with open hands. He said that at the opening session of the meeting with traditional rulers, journalists who accompanied the APC campaign team were ordered to go out. According to Emwata, it was at the time that journalists were sent out that Oshiomhole knelt before the traditional rulers begging for forgiveness. Unfortunately, that section of the meeting was recorded by a participant at the meeting, and the video later leaked where Oshiomhole knelt before the traditional rulers.
Emwata recalled that Oshiomhole dethroned the Enogie of Uromi when he was Governor of Edo State. He added that the former Edo governor transferred his aggression of having political dispute with Chief Tony Anenih to dethrone the Enogie of Uromi, noting that he has at last come back to the royal father on his knees. Barrister Emwata said that Governor Obaseki of Edo State later intervened and reinstated the Enogie of Uromi. Emwata alleged that Oshiomhole was later walked out of the meeting with the traditional rulers.
This was, however, refuted by a chieftain of the APC, Dan Osa-Ogbegie, who said that the traditional rulers prayed for the APC candidate, Ize-Iyamu at the meeting.
Emwata discounted Osa-Ogegie, saying that the APC governorship candidate was rejected in Edo Central, which he insisted has been a stronghold of the PDP since 1999. Emwata also said that the Enogie of Uromi at the meeting of traditional rulers with the APC leaders in Igueben, banned Oshiomhole and the APC campaign team from visiting his palace in Uromi. Emwata was of the view that Oshiomhole is suffering political karma, adding that APC has been rejected in Edo Central.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others