Edo 2020: Fresh fear grips APC, Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, as running mate struggles with alleged certificate forgery scandal
The All Progressives Congress (APC), ousted APC national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, may have been gripped by fresh fears as the running mate of Pastor Ize-Iyamu, APC governorship candidate in Edo State in the September election, Gani Audu, is struggling with a case of certificate forgery. National Daily gathered that the certificate forgery scandal emanated from the detection of discrepancies in the documents Audu submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). The discrepancies were said to be detected in the academic qualifications and documents the deputy governorship candidate submitted to INEC.
Apparently, the Action Democratic Party (ADP) is already at the Federal High Court, Abuja, asking the court to disqualify the APC deputy governorship candidate because of the detected discrepancies in his certificates.
It was gathered that the ADP is demanding that the court declares the certificates submitted by Audu as forged, thus declaring him unfit to stand for the September 19 governorship election in Edo.
It was highlighted that Gani Audu had sworn to an affidavit he presented to INEC indicating his name as Audu Abudu Ganiyu, but there were conflicting names on the other documents he submitted.
A legal practitioner, Blessed Omonuwa, identified to have looked into the documents was said to have remarked that, “While his name on the affidavit is Audu Abudu Ganiyu, in his voter’s card, his name is Audu Abdul Ganiyu;” adding: “in his APC membership card, his name appears as Gani Audu; the WASSCE/GCE certificate submitted bears Audu Ahudu Ganeyu.”
President Muhammadu Buhari had warned APC to avoid mistakes of Bayelsa, Zamfara and others.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others