The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has raised alarm that the ousted national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, allegedly disbursed over N500 million to recruit thugs for the invasion of the Edo State House of Assembly, as well as some lawmakers to further cause mayhem in the state legislature.
The PDP in a statement by the Edo State Publicity Secretary, Chris Osa Nehikhare, urged the people of the state to rise against the impunity of the APC and attempt to subvert the licit government of the state. The PDP also accused Oshiomhole of leading thugs to the House of Assembly on Thursday morning.
The State Publicity Secretary, Nehikhare, had declared in the statement: “It has come to our knowledge that the APC led by Adams Oshiomhole will this morning, Thursday, August 6, 2020, lead thugs to the premises of the State House of Assembly in an attempt to illegally take over the House, the legislative arm of government.
“He has over the last few weeks disbursed over N500 million to entice and purchase members of the House for his illegal take-over attempt in a gestapo style operation.
“All Edo persons of goodwill should reject this brazen attack on our democracy and resist it.
“We, hereby, call on all Edo people to march to the House of Assembly complex in Kings Square in support of democracy and against this impunity.
“We cannot continue in this way!
“Edo must be Reset!!”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Zenith Bank, UBA, others most active as stock market appreciates
- Ondo 2020: Obasanjo moves to reinforce PDP, lobbies Mimiko
- School feeding program fraud: EFCC docks Education Secretary
- NG Clearing gets approval to launch Central Counterparty Clearing House
- Misuse of social media can trigger crisis – Army boss
- Buhari sympathizes with Jigawa flood victims
- Obaseki congratulates Buhari, appeals for extension of rail line to Benin Industrial Park
- Police nabs man who circulated victims’ sex video weeks to wedding
- MAGU: Justice Salami forced to speak on anti-Buhari statement he allegedly made
- Ondo 2020: Ayoola pulls down Oke, weakens Akeredolu, takes over Ondo south
- Breaking: Mailafia problem deepens as court rules
- NCC partners NIRA, ICANN, others on proposed internet projects
- First Female Mace bearer surface in Lagos House of Assembly
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News