Nigeria controversial music sensation, Azeez Fashola aka Naira Marley was on Friday convicted by Abuja Mobile Court.
Reports from NAN reveal that Naira Marley was charged with four counts.
According to the judgment, the musician violated series of the lockdown instructions ranging from interstate travel ban, non-use of face mask, breaking of social distancing order and attending a concert despite COVID-19 restriction order.
Naira Marley was fined N200,000.
The Magistrate, Idayat Akanni, set the fine after the musician pleaded guilty.
However, his counsel, Mohammed Yunusa, said his client was made to believe that the organisers of the concert had procured all the approval from the government.
In addition to the fine, Naira Marley was mandated to publish a public apology to the Federal Government in a national daily as revealed by the Chief State Counsel, Udeme Umana.
“This will serve as a deterrent to other Nigerians”, Umana stated.
The concert was held at the Jabi Lake Mall on June 13.
It was organized by Play Network Africa, Traffic Bar, El’Carnival, and sponsored by Glenfiddich.
Following public outrage, the FCT Administration shut down the mall.
Recall that the operation of ExecuJet airline that flew Naira Marley and others to Abuja from Lagos was suspended by the Federal Government.
The ban was, however, lifted late July.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others
- MAGU: Malami, Salami at loggerheads as justice minister disobeys presidential panel on certain ground
- Investors shift attention to equities, gain N67bn
- Good news: Only 12 states with Covid-19 new cases (see states)