The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) has ordered its members to continue selling Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), known as fuel, at the old rate of N143 per litre until there is a new directive from the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA).
This was disclosed by the National Public Relations Officer of IPMAN, Alhaji Suleiman Yakubu, while reacting to the recent increase in the ex-depot price to N138.62 per litre from the previous N132.62 per litre.
Yakubu revealed that IPMAN would brief its members on a new price regime once it receives a directive from PPPRA.
Recall that the Pipeline Petroleum Products Marketing Company (PPMC), a subsidiary of NNPC, recently fixed the ex-depot price for PMS at N138.62 per litre. PPMC’s Sales Manager, Mohammed Bello, had noted that the new price would take effect from August 4, 2020.
It should be noted that the ex-depot price is the price that depot owners sell petroleum products to retail marketers.
In the meantime, some media reports revealed that some fuel marketers had adjusted their pump price to reflect the new rate. It was reported yesterday that fuel marketers in Kano State increased the pump price of N150 per litre.
Some of the stakeholders in the downstream sector recently pushed for an increase in the pump price of petroleum products to reflect the current reality.
In the wake of the oil price crash, the Federal Government had announced the deregulation of the downstream sector of the oil industry with the removal of fuel subsidy.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others