The PDP Campaign Council in a statement by the Secretary, Publicity Sub-Committee,
PDP National Campaign Council on Edo State, Kola Ologbondiyan, emphasized that Ize-Iyamu has been reduced to a political wanderer by the Edo State APC; adding that he is hovering around without the backing and participation of his party in the state after his rejection because of the defective nomination process, which has turned him to an invalid candidate.
“Ize-Iyamu has since been deserted by his party after the Edo State Chairman of the APC, Anslem Ojezua, declared that the APC has no candidate and that such explains why he is not campaigning for Ize-Iyamu.
“Nigerians can now see why Ize-Iyamu’s campaign does not have the participation of APC members in the state and why he is stuck with the sacked National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole, who also has no party, having been dismissed from the APC by his kinsmen in his ward.
“This is why Ize-Iyamu’s rallies are attended only by hired campaigners brought for him by the “partyless” Oshiomhole, from Kogi, Imo and other states; hirelings who cannot even respond to the slogan of the APC and have no electoral value in the Edo election,” PDP declared.
the party argued that with such public rejection by the Edo State APC, Ize-Iyamu has no legitimate space in the Edo electoral process since the laws do not recognize independent candidates.
the PDP, therefore, advised Ize Iyamu to stop wasting his time and embarrassing himself by following a “partyless” Oshiomhole, who is leading him to nowhere as his thugs and hired campaigners cannot transform into votes.
PDP maintained that moreover, the people of Edo state are already aware that Ize-Iyamu and his disgracefully sacked master are confused and only beating about the bush with strangers just to create an impression that they are actually in an electoral contest.
“In any case, the veil will soon drop from Ize-Iyamu’s eyes on September 19, when the hired campaigners would have ended their contract and abandon him to face the wrath of the ballot box.
“The PDP national campaign, however, appreciates the outpouring of support for our candidate, Governor Godwin Obaseki, who has been receiving support from Edo citizens from all walks of life, including those in the APC, who cannot compromise performance, as being witnessed under Governor Obaseki, for the damaged product of a derelict salesman, which the Ize-Iyamu’s campaign has become,” the statement read in part.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others