The Deputy Governor of Ondo State, Agboola Ajayi, has continued to compound the woes of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu in his second term ambition. The deputy governor who had defected from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), now on his way to another party, has complicated the process of his impeachment by the Ondo State House of Assembly allegedly at the instance of Governor Akeredolu.
Deputy Governor Ajayi’s strong political leaning in the state generated stalemate in the impeachment process.
National Daily investigation revealed that the deputy governor had secured alliance with some prominent leaders of the APC within and outside Ondo State to fight Governor Akeredolu to standstill. This, according to findings from National Daily investigation, strengthened the deputy governor in getting the state chief judge to reject the request by the Ondo State House of Assembly doe appointment of an investigative panel to probe the deputy governor for his removal from office. Details of the alliance in subsequent reports.
Meanwhile, the strength of the governor appears to be solely on the APC lawmakers in the state House of Assembly. Accordingly, the leadership of the House has been imposing suspension on the loyalists of the deputy governor in the Assembly to weaken his strength. The House, thus, suspended Leonard Akinribido, representing Ondo West Constituency 1 in the House of Assembly. The suspension is coming after three PDP members in the House had earlier been suspended.
National Daily gathered that Akinribido is the only member of the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) in the Ondo State House of Assembly, the party the deputy governor is being insinuated to be defecting to from the PDP for the governorship ticket in the state election.
The leadership of the House claimed that Akinrobido the Assembly suspended the lawmaker for gross misconduct, including and the use of vulgar language during legislative session. Akinrobido was restrained from entering the premises of the House of Assembly during the period of the suspension.
The leadership of the State House of Assembly had earlier suspended three lawmakers, including the Deputy Speaker of the House, Iroju Ogundeji, on similar offence in July.
Deputy Governor Agboola Ajayi had lost the PDP governorship ticket to Eyitayo Jegede. He has since then been linked to reports on dumping the PDP for the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP).
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others