Keeley Bunker, 20, waved the world goodbye in September, 2019 after she was sadly raped and murdered by her “trusted” friend Wesley Streete, also 20.
Bunker had told her pal that she would be “safe” with her friend Wesley walking her to her home in Tamworth, Staffordshire, at 4am, but little did she know that that was her last walk.
Interestingly, a man has been finally found guilty of brutally raping and murdering Keeley Bunker after he was “trusted” to walk his childhood pal home safe following her 20th birthday celebration.
Jurors saw through lies told by Wesley Streete, who changed his story at least four times after he was arrested, initially telling Miss Bunker’s family and police they parted ways, and later claiming to in court he accidentally killed her when he wrapped his forearm around her neck as they had sex in a park.
The 20-year-old killer, who towered over his slightly-built victim, admitted dumping her body in a brook and covering her with branches at Wigginton Park in Tamworth, Staffordshire, in the early hours of September 19 last year, but claimed he did so in a “panic”.
He returned to the site a number of times in the following hours to put more branches on Miss Bunker’s partially-naked body, and a dog walker reported seeing a shadowy figure run off.
Aspiring primary schoolteacher Miss Bunker, a barmaid who had turned 20 just days earlier, was found dead hours later by her uncle, Jason Brown, after worried relatives, friends and police launched a search.
The victim, who was just 4ft 11ins and weighed six-and-a-half stone, had scratch marks on her neck, shown to be self-inflicted from samples of skin recovered from underneath her own fingernails, and most likely inflicted as she tried to prise herself from Streete’s grip.
The jury took just over eight hours to convict the former Ocado warehouse packer after prosecutors said during the three-week trial that Streete “forced himself on her sexually” and strangled Miss Bunker to death with his arm.
Streete was also found guilty of two other counts of rape, three counts of sexual assault and a charge of sexual activity with a child, against three other victims, said to have happened in previous years.
He had met up with Miss Bunker after she and a friend had watched rapper Aitch perform at Birmingham’s O2 Institute earlier that night.
The trio went clubbing at Snobs in Birmingham city centre before taking a taxi back to Tamworth. Footage released by police after the verdicts were returned on Wednesday show Miss Bunker and Streete laughing, smiling and dancing at the club.
Miss Bunker’s friend, Monique Riggon, offered her a bed at her home for the night, but Keeley declined, Stafford Crown Court heard.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value
- EDO: Wike’s reaction to Obaseki’s likely defection to APC confirms PDP’s fear
- BREAKING: APC suspends Fayemi
- Global Prayer Day: A Call of the Spirit in these Last Hours
- Commerce: Imota Rice mill targets production of 2.4m,50kg bags of rice per annum
- Lagos pushes for stiffer punishment for cultists, unlawful societies
- Gas tanker explosion cuts off communities from electricity supply, burns cars, shops in Lagos
- Bomb scare in Lagos
- Fresh crisis hits Ekiti APC over suspension of Ojudu, 10 others