A presidential candidate in the 2019 general elections, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu, has denied reports that he had joined the All Progressives Congress (APC). Moghalu belongs to no political party since he resigned from the party that he used the platform to contest the 2019 presidential election which he lost massively. Moghalu said the report is false, mischievous, and tendentious.
Moghalu in a statement declared: “My attention has been drawn to a new story published by Elombah News, an online medium, with the false and misleading headline “Kingsley Moghalu has Joined APC – Anambra Spokesman”
“This headline, and the claim on which the report is based, is false, mischievous, and tendentious.
“In late 2019 I resigned my membership of the Young Progressives Party, the party platform on which I was a presidential candidate in 2019, but I did not subsequently join, and have not joined, any other political party.
“I am therefore NOT a member of ANY political party in Nigeria today.
“The article by Elombah News is doubly mischievous because, despite my denying this false claim when the online news outlet contacted me, Elombah News nevertheless went ahead to publish the story with this mischievous and misleading headline with no evidence to back it up, while burying my comment debunking the false claim deep inside its story. This is irresponsible journalism.
“I ask the public to disregard this fake news report, and to be guided by this clarification.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari sympathizes with Jigawa flood victims
- Obaseki congratulates Buhari, appeals for extension of rail line to Benin Industrial Park
- Police nabs man who circulated victims’ sex video weeks to wedding
- MAGU: Justice Salami forced to speak on anti-Buhari statement he allegedly made
- Ondo 2020: Ayoola pulls down Oke, weakens Akeredolu, takes over Ondo south
- Breaking: Mailafia problem deepens as court rules
- NCC partners NIRA, ICANN, others on proposed internet projects
- First Female Mace bearer surface in Lagos House of Assembly
- Odua Republic agitators, Igbo clash over Awolowo’s role in history, and northeastern alliance with Igbo
- ICPC uncovers N2.67bn fraud in FG’s school feeding programme
- Ex-Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, aide argues over debt in leaked audio
- Nigeria @ 60: Oyegun expresses sadness over Nigeria’s situation
- Investors gain N98.51bn as NSE market capitalization hits N13.853 trillion
- Senator Abbo guilty of assault, slammed with N50m in damages
- How APC government beguiled NLC, TUC into agreement to suspend national strike
- Nigeria’s 36 governors drag Buhari to court
- Realnews holds eighth anniversary lecture
- Lagos legislature appoints new Clerk
- INEC commences experimentation of electronic voting
- Uduaghan ends sojourn in APC, retraces way to PDP
- Labour unions succumb to pressure, suspend nationwide protest
- Donald Trump’s tax secrets revealed
- PDP re-strategizes, woos Obasanjo, Jonathan, others
- Spotlight of battles to eradicate godfatherism in Nigeria
- Again, Zulum’s convoy in fresh attack by Boko Haram
- STRIKE: Here’s the deal for which Labour compromised with FG during negotiation
- Strike: Labour doublespeak confusing Nigerians
- Polish, 119 others ready to serve jail time for 13-year-old sentenced in Kano
- NAF sentences officer for 21 years, demotes others in multimillion fraud sentence
- How International Security Support Contributed to Mali’s Coup
- Varsity offers free tuition to all candidates interested in agric
- Boko Haram attacks gov second time, casualty figure rising
- Obasanjo sits on the floor in Pa Fasoranti’s house
- Nigeria: Sale of assets as dangerous policy myopia?
- Radical Muslims Wage War for Control of Nigeria, Christians Suffering ‘Massive Attacks’ – CBN News
- Civil servants, pensioners, receive September salaries, pension in Edo
- Nigeria @ 60: let’s celebrate unity first
- EDO: Obaseki discovers Buhari’s congratulations veiled
- Electricity and fuel price economics, other stories
- The essence of the revolution value