There have been previous indications that Frank Lampard and Chelsea are reportedly losing faith in their No. 1 goalie Kepa Arrizabalaga despite the huge financial involvement in bringing the Spaniard to Stamford Bridge from Athletic Bilbao in a world record transfer fee of £71.6m.
The Stamford Bridge club have been rumoured to have shown interest in series top goal keepers with the likes of Manchester United Dean Henderson who is on loan at Sheffield United and Ajax shot stopper Andre Onana.
Meanwhile, report reaching National Daily has revealed that the Blues have directed their interest towards Atletico Madrid No. 1 Jan Oblak in their bid to heavily strengthen their goal keeping position.
And the reaction emanating from the boss at Wanda Metropolitano club suggests that Diego Simeone could be sanctioning the move of Oblak to the North London club to the delight of Chelsea fans obviously.
It is reported that Simeone is “not surprised” to hear of Chelsea’s interest in his goalkeeper Jan Oblak and team captain and did not rule out selling the player National Daily can confirm.
The Slovenian potential move to Stamford Bridge could appear to be an offer which many may deem to be unattractive for Atletico, but strangely and surprisingly Simeone failed to issue a hands-off warning when asked about Oblak by Cadena SER.
Simeone speaking Cadena SER maintained that: “It is normal that they want a goalkeeper of the characteristics and value that Oblak has and it doesn’t surprise me because he is very good.
“For us, he is decisive, very important in the dressing room, he is our captain.
“Year after year he has managed to evolve in all the matches, from goalkeeper to his handling with the group, and hopefully he can continue with us.
“It is normal to always look for the best, and we have many who are very good, some previous seasons have left, others have stayed, and it is logical and normal for a footballer like Oblak to be loved by anyone.
“For us, he is our captain, an important player year after year and hopefully we can continue to count on his work, which is enormous for Atlético de Madrid.”
Expectedly, the Blues fans are excited with the fact that Simeone has not specifically ruled out the sale of the player leaving them optimistic in the ability of their North London club to complete the incredible transfer of player plus cash for the 27-year old Slovenian to Stamford Bridge.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Barca’s thrashing at hands of Bayern not worst defeat in club’s history
- Edo 2020: Tinubu, Oshiomhole’s comprehensive ‘witchcraft’ plan
- Edo 2020: How Otu of Igarra pens his name on Obaseki’s black book
- Finally, Mailafia’s security network, informants exposed; the blabbermouth disappoints NNC, Falana, media rights groups
- Mailafia’s revelation rattles Buhari, FG now deploys Special Forces to Southern Kaduna
- Ondo Deputy Governor forms alliance with former Governor to defeat Akeredolu
- Southern Kaduna killings: Cracks in north, Middle Belt, minorities declare support for Mailafia
- Over 10 million Nigerians will need humanitarian assistance in 2020 – UN
- Barcelona begins search for new coach
- Nigeria working towards successful takeoff of National Senior Citizen’s Centre
- Over 21 million Nigerians remain unemployed as unemployment rate jumps
- SAD! Obaseki broken as more loyalists dump campaign, state pointblank why they switch to Ize-Iyamu, Oshiomhole in dying minutes
- LEAK: Mailafia’s statement during DSS interrogation different from his press statement
- #RevolutionNow : Is Obasanjo supporting Sowore?
- Edo 2020: Obaseki pulls down Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, APC in Owan East
- Breaking: Ronaldo in Barca’s colours says he is ‘On board’
- As Nigeria govt goes after martyr Mailafia, his story just changes
- Edo 2020: Orbih exposes two reasons people can’t trust Oshiomhole
- Edo 2020: Security aides repel assassination attempt on Obaseki in Etsako Ward 10
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole desperately trading with Edo election to regain national chairman – APC governors
- MAGU: International communities rise against Malami, withdraw support for Buhari, rubbish Nigeria’s 4 years of anti-corruption fight
- Another 3 Nigerians face tax fraud charges in US
- Why BBNaija should be scrapped – Oba Ogunwusi
- Police swoops on IPOB members, arrest native doctor, others
- Obaseki will end godfatherism, Oshiomhole’s arrogance in Edo – PDP chieftain
- Breaking News: Ronaldo to join Barcelona
- 2023: To counter Tinubu’s media stranglehold, Atiku launches own channel
- Edo 2020, Royal Snub: How Tinubu, APC Chieftains got embarrassed at Oba’s palace
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington passes on at 90
- Lagos Assembly mulls amendment of anti-Cultism Law; sets penalty for cultists parent
- LAHASCOM promotes 103 officers
- Ortom makes bold proposal, urges Buhari to license every Nigerian for AK47 to kill Fulani bandits
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole suffers ‘internal political bleeding’, ambush against Obaseki backfires
- Okowa felicitates with Sen. Osakwe at 72
- Wike sacks SA, dissolves Task Force on Illegal Street trading
- New Fuel Price: NNPC progress in error
- EFCC: Justice Salami descends gradually into disrepute as Magu camp, PACAC, others expose hidden agenda
- BREAKING: At last, the Red Devils fans can celebrate as United are set to find a way around Jadon Sancho’s transfer to Old Trafford