The Boko Haram insurgents have demanded a N20 million ransom for the release of 25- year old graduate of Kashim Ibrahim College of Education Maiduguri, Lami Jato and her cousin, Renita Bitrus, who were abducted two weeks ago.
Father of Lami, 75- year old blind Jato Ndarfa, disclosed this at the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Centre IDP camp in Maiduguri where he has taken refuge alongside hundreds of others displaced from Gwoza Local Government Area of the state since 2014 by insurgents.
Ndarfa said his daughter, Lami Jato, a-25 year old graduate of Sir Kashim Ibrahim College of Education Maiduguri and his niece, Renita Bitrus were abducted by the suspected Boko Haram terrorists two weeks ago in company of a tractor driver while on a farm at Tungushe village in Magumeri LGA of Borno State.
He said the terrorists had few days after the abduction, made contact through her niece’s mobile phone, demanding N20 million ransom for the release of the two women.
Ndarfa, who could not control tears, said the terrorist group would not take his appeal for the release of their victims even after telling them that he is a 75-year-old blind man residing in a camp and finding it difficult to feed.
Narrating his ordeal in the hands of Boko Haram, Ndarfa said he had to flee his hometown, Gava in Gwoza LGA for Maiduguri in 2014 when the terrorists raided it and killed over 100 villagers and burnt down several houses.
He lamented that since 2014 he has been living in the CAN Centre IDP camp and could not go back home as the terrorists are still hibernating in their village which is at the back of Mandara mountain.
Ndarfi said that the abducted daughter is his only hope, noting that his three wives deserted him during the Boko Haram terrorists’ attacks in their village to unknown destinations.
He said the daughter and the niece took to farming to raise money for the family upkeep, adding that his abducted daughter had been the one taking care of him in the camp.
He said: “It was two of them – my daughter, Lami Jato and my niece, Renita Bitrus who is married with two children that were abducted by the Boko Haram terrorists. It is 15 days now from the day they were abducted when they went to farm in Tungushe, along Maiduguri-Monguno road.
“I am not fighting or quarrelling with the Boko Haram terrorists; they are my children. I am only appealing to them to please have mercy on me and release my daughter, niece and the tractor driver.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Barca’s thrashing at hands of Bayern not worst defeat in club’s history
- Edo 2020: Tinubu, Oshiomhole’s comprehensive ‘witchcraft’ plan
- Edo 2020: How Otu of Igarra pens his name on Obaseki’s black book
- Finally, Mailafia’s security network, informants exposed; the blabbermouth disappoints NNC, Falana, media rights groups
- Mailafia’s revelation rattles Buhari, FG now deploys Special Forces to Southern Kaduna
- Ondo Deputy Governor forms alliance with former Governor to defeat Akeredolu
- Southern Kaduna killings: Cracks in north, Middle Belt, minorities declare support for Mailafia
- Over 10 million Nigerians will need humanitarian assistance in 2020 – UN
- Barcelona begins search for new coach
- Nigeria working towards successful takeoff of National Senior Citizen’s Centre
- Over 21 million Nigerians remain unemployed as unemployment rate jumps
- SAD! Obaseki broken as more loyalists dump campaign, state pointblank why they switch to Ize-Iyamu, Oshiomhole in dying minutes
- LEAK: Mailafia’s statement during DSS interrogation different from his press statement
- #RevolutionNow : Is Obasanjo supporting Sowore?
- Edo 2020: Obaseki pulls down Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, APC in Owan East
- Breaking: Ronaldo in Barca’s colours says he is ‘On board’
- As Nigeria govt goes after martyr Mailafia, his story just changes
- Edo 2020: Orbih exposes two reasons people can’t trust Oshiomhole
- Edo 2020: Security aides repel assassination attempt on Obaseki in Etsako Ward 10
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole desperately trading with Edo election to regain national chairman – APC governors
- MAGU: International communities rise against Malami, withdraw support for Buhari, rubbish Nigeria’s 4 years of anti-corruption fight
- Another 3 Nigerians face tax fraud charges in US
- Why BBNaija should be scrapped – Oba Ogunwusi
- Police swoops on IPOB members, arrest native doctor, others
- Obaseki will end godfatherism, Oshiomhole’s arrogance in Edo – PDP chieftain
- Breaking News: Ronaldo to join Barcelona
- 2023: To counter Tinubu’s media stranglehold, Atiku launches own channel
- Edo 2020, Royal Snub: How Tinubu, APC Chieftains got embarrassed at Oba’s palace
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington passes on at 90
- Lagos Assembly mulls amendment of anti-Cultism Law; sets penalty for cultists parent
- LAHASCOM promotes 103 officers
- Ortom makes bold proposal, urges Buhari to license every Nigerian for AK47 to kill Fulani bandits
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole suffers ‘internal political bleeding’, ambush against Obaseki backfires
- Okowa felicitates with Sen. Osakwe at 72
- Wike sacks SA, dissolves Task Force on Illegal Street trading
- New Fuel Price: NNPC progress in error
- EFCC: Justice Salami descends gradually into disrepute as Magu camp, PACAC, others expose hidden agenda
- BREAKING: At last, the Red Devils fans can celebrate as United are set to find a way around Jadon Sancho’s transfer to Old Trafford