Yemi Awolola, a deaconess with the Living Faith Church also known as Winners’ Chapel, who brutalised a 14-year-old girl put in her care with a hot knife and gas lighter in her genital area, has pleaded guilty to the charges against her.
It was also gathered that Awolola inserted a stick in the girl’s vagina.
Awolola, who is reportedly a staff of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, was arraigned on Monday at the Magistrate Court 3, Ibrahim Taiwo Road, Kaduna, on charges of battery and sexual assault.
Despite pleading guilty to the crime, Justice Bashir Yusuf Shittu, the presiding magistrate, said he was unable to convict Awolola because he “lacks jurisdiction” and that he was only taking cognisance of the offence.
Justice Shittu granted bail in the sum of N700,000 to Awolola’s two children, who are also named as accomplices in the matter, but denied the woman bail.
Her son,who is also complicit in allegedly abusing Princess, has fled to Lagos after escaping police arrest.
The presiding judge has adjourned the case until August 27 for further hearing while remanding Awolola at the Kaduna Correctional Center.
Recall that the woman and her children allegedly serially abused Princess, who was left in her care after she promised the victim’s financially unstable family that she will send her to school.
The family recently called on Nigerians to ensure that the matter was not swept under the carpet and that their daughter, who is currently hospitalised in Kaduna, gets justice.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- EDO: Malami, IGP back APC to gang up against PDP, Speaker, Obaseki
- Full text of Tinubu’s attack on Obaseki
- Edo youths, women rise against APC impunity, lawlessness
- Edo boils, indigenes warn APC, impeachment of Obaseki not feasible now
- Exposed: How Oshiomhole disburses over N500m to recruit thugs for mayhem in Edo Assembly – PDP
- Why and how we should invest in education
- Ronaldo, Champion’s League: End of the road – Expert
- Breaking: End of the road for Naira Marley
- Covid-19: Court sentences second-time offender Naira Marley
- EDO: Police arrest thugs Obaseki allegedly hired to destroy Assembly Complex for renovation
- EDO: Buhari snubs APC, declines to attend rally
- Medical doctors spill blood during election
- EDO: Obaseki, PDP panic as Buhari meets Ize-Iyamu
- Big Brother’s house on fire!
- EDO: Breaking! APC lawmakers impeach Speaker, seek truce with Obaseki
- EDO: APC, FG intensify effort to impeach Obaseki, PDP cries out; Ize-Iyamu mocks gov
- Ecobank introduces cardless withdrawals at ATMs
- Maintain old pump price, IPMAN tells fuel marketers
- Traditional ruler in trouble for allegedly defiling teenage daughter
- Stay off these states in Nigeria, UK warns citizens
- EDO: Tension rises as loyalists take-off House of Assembly roof, mace
- Workers threaten to shut down airport over sack of pilots, others
- Many goats have been buried at the National Stadium – Christian Chukwu
- Striker we tied with juju still scored against Super Eagles – Christian Chukwu
- Plot to impeach Obaseki looms, Police take over Edo Assembly
- How Fulani militias killed 2,539 people, burnt 7,582 houses within three years in 654 attacks – Study
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole in fresh trouble, Ize-Iyamu trembles
- PDP mocks Ize-Iyamu over rejection by Edo APC
- Oshiomhole’s ambush, Obaseki fights back
- EDO MACE THEFT: Tension as Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu divide assembly, and one APC gov, impeached dep. speaker gun for Speaker Okiye,mace
- Another APC chieftain dies
- Much ado about Manchester United transfer rumours: These are the latest updates Red Devils fans need to know
- Tiktok: Alarming as China gets only six weeks to leave America
- Edo 2020: PDP reduces Oshiomhole political impotency
- Ondo Deputy Gov, Ajayi, compounds Akeredolu’s second term woes
- Virgin Atlantic runs out of cash, files for bankruptcy
- COVID-19 not in breastmilk, WHO allays fears
- Justice at last after girl was raped and murdered by a trusted childhood friend
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole lays fresh ambush for Obaseki, poaches governor’s men
- Chinese loan: Amaechi fires backs at lawmakers