The Police have revealed the arrest of a 24-year-old man, Badmus Folarin, for burning the buttocks of a 10-year- old boy, Sunday David, with hot knife for licking a tin of tea.
The suspect, Folarin, had put the knife in burning fire to get hot which he later used to burn the buttocks of the teenager for taking some contents tea from the container kept by mother of Folarin. The Police revealed that the incident occurred in Ogun State.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Ogun State Command, Abimbola Oyeyemi, in a statement, indicated that the suspect resided on Elegushi Street, Owode-Yewa, Yewa South Local Government Area, Ogun State
The PPRO said Folarin was arrested for maltreating the boy who lives with his family.
Oyeyemi narrated that the suspect was arrested after the DPO Owode Egbado division, Olabisi Elebutte, received distress call from a neighbour who was worried by the maltreatment of the teenage boy.
The PPRO said that while the neighbour was reporting the incident on the telephone, they could hear the sorrowful cry of a boy from the scene of torture in the neighbourhood at No 12 Elegushi Street, Owode-Yewa. He said the DPO immediately deployed the patrol team to the scene where the young boy was seen lying down helplessly with serious injuries.
According to the Police, “On enquiry, it was discovered that the suspect put a knife on fire and when the knife was hot and red, he applied it to the buttocks of the boy, thereby, inflicting second degree injuries on the innocent boy.
“During interrogation, the suspect alleged that the victim, who is living with the family, opened a tin of Milo belonging to the suspect’s mother and licked from it.”
Oyeyemi explained that the victim was rushed to a private hospital by the police, while the suspect was arrested and detained.
He said the Commissioner of Police, Kenneth Ebrimson, has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspect to the Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Labour Unit of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further investigation and possible prosecution.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- EDO: Malami, IGP back APC to gang up against PDP, Speaker, Obaseki
- Full text of Tinubu’s attack on Obaseki
- Edo youths, women rise against APC impunity, lawlessness
- Edo boils, indigenes warn APC, impeachment of Obaseki not feasible now
- Exposed: How Oshiomhole disburses over N500m to recruit thugs for mayhem in Edo Assembly – PDP
- Why and how we should invest in education
- Ronaldo, Champion’s League: End of the road – Expert
- Breaking: End of the road for Naira Marley
- Covid-19: Court sentences second-time offender Naira Marley
- EDO: Police arrest thugs Obaseki allegedly hired to destroy Assembly Complex for renovation
- EDO: Buhari snubs APC, declines to attend rally
- Medical doctors spill blood during election
- EDO: Obaseki, PDP panic as Buhari meets Ize-Iyamu
- Big Brother’s house on fire!
- EDO: Breaking! APC lawmakers impeach Speaker, seek truce with Obaseki
- EDO: APC, FG intensify effort to impeach Obaseki, PDP cries out; Ize-Iyamu mocks gov
- Ecobank introduces cardless withdrawals at ATMs
- Maintain old pump price, IPMAN tells fuel marketers
- Traditional ruler in trouble for allegedly defiling teenage daughter
- Stay off these states in Nigeria, UK warns citizens
- EDO: Tension rises as loyalists take-off House of Assembly roof, mace
- Workers threaten to shut down airport over sack of pilots, others
- Many goats have been buried at the National Stadium – Christian Chukwu
- Striker we tied with juju still scored against Super Eagles – Christian Chukwu
- Plot to impeach Obaseki looms, Police take over Edo Assembly
- How Fulani militias killed 2,539 people, burnt 7,582 houses within three years in 654 attacks – Study
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole in fresh trouble, Ize-Iyamu trembles
- PDP mocks Ize-Iyamu over rejection by Edo APC
- Oshiomhole’s ambush, Obaseki fights back
- EDO MACE THEFT: Tension as Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu divide assembly, and one APC gov, impeached dep. speaker gun for Speaker Okiye,mace
- Another APC chieftain dies
- Much ado about Manchester United transfer rumours: These are the latest updates Red Devils fans need to know
- Tiktok: Alarming as China gets only six weeks to leave America
- Edo 2020: PDP reduces Oshiomhole political impotency
- Ondo Deputy Gov, Ajayi, compounds Akeredolu’s second term woes
- Virgin Atlantic runs out of cash, files for bankruptcy
- COVID-19 not in breastmilk, WHO allays fears
- Justice at last after girl was raped and murdered by a trusted childhood friend
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole lays fresh ambush for Obaseki, poaches governor’s men
- Chinese loan: Amaechi fires backs at lawmakers