Members of the Lagos State House of Assembly Correspondents’ Association (LAHACA) have condoled with the Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. (Dr.) Mudashiru Ajayi Obasa, other lawmakers, staff of the assembly and family members of the late Hon. Tunde Braimoh over his sudden death on Friday July 10, 2020.
LAHACA members described the death of Hon. Braimoh who was the Chairman of the House Committee on Information, Publicity, Security and Strategy as unexpected, sad and a great loss to the All Progressives Congress (APC), the parliament in Lagos State in particular, and Nigeria in general.
In a statement issued by the Chairman of LAHACA, Mr. Olanrewaju Adesanya, he said that the late Hon. Braimoh was an ebullient, eloquent personality and a wordsmith who spoke the English Language with dexterity.
“When Hon. Tunde Braimoh spoke, you just had to listen to him. He was blunt, effervescent, and persuasive. He was careful with his words.
“He was the Chairman of the House Committee on Information, Publicity, Security and Strategy. In that capacity, we became closer and we realized that he was good-natured.”
“In my last chat with him weeks before his sudden demise, I got a feel of how conscious he was about the wellness of his people and the residents of Lagos State in general. We spoke at length on the need for him to relate more with members of the press covering the Assembly,” the statement read.
The LAHACA Chairman then urged members of the Assembly community, his family members, his associates and friends to see his death as the will of the Almighty God, while praying that God would give his family members the fortitude to bear the loss.
Mr. Adesanya said that members of LAHACA would miss the late lawmaker and prayed that “God would give the Lagos Assembly community and the family members of the deceased the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- EDO: Malami, IGP back APC to gang up against PDP, Speaker, Obaseki
- Full text of Tinubu’s attack on Obaseki
- Edo youths, women rise against APC impunity, lawlessness
- Edo boils, indigenes warn APC, impeachment of Obaseki not feasible now
- Exposed: How Oshiomhole disburses over N500m to recruit thugs for mayhem in Edo Assembly – PDP
- Why and how we should invest in education
- Ronaldo, Champion’s League: End of the road – Expert
- Breaking: End of the road for Naira Marley
- Covid-19: Court sentences second-time offender Naira Marley
- EDO: Police arrest thugs Obaseki allegedly hired to destroy Assembly Complex for renovation
- EDO: Buhari snubs APC, declines to attend rally
- Medical doctors spill blood during election
- EDO: Obaseki, PDP panic as Buhari meets Ize-Iyamu
- Big Brother’s house on fire!
- EDO: Breaking! APC lawmakers impeach Speaker, seek truce with Obaseki
- EDO: APC, FG intensify effort to impeach Obaseki, PDP cries out; Ize-Iyamu mocks gov
- Ecobank introduces cardless withdrawals at ATMs
- Maintain old pump price, IPMAN tells fuel marketers
- Traditional ruler in trouble for allegedly defiling teenage daughter
- Stay off these states in Nigeria, UK warns citizens
- EDO: Tension rises as loyalists take-off House of Assembly roof, mace
- Workers threaten to shut down airport over sack of pilots, others
- Many goats have been buried at the National Stadium – Christian Chukwu
- Striker we tied with juju still scored against Super Eagles – Christian Chukwu
- Plot to impeach Obaseki looms, Police take over Edo Assembly
- How Fulani militias killed 2,539 people, burnt 7,582 houses within three years in 654 attacks – Study
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole in fresh trouble, Ize-Iyamu trembles
- PDP mocks Ize-Iyamu over rejection by Edo APC
- Oshiomhole’s ambush, Obaseki fights back
- EDO MACE THEFT: Tension as Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu divide assembly, and one APC gov, impeached dep. speaker gun for Speaker Okiye,mace
- Another APC chieftain dies
- Much ado about Manchester United transfer rumours: These are the latest updates Red Devils fans need to know
- Tiktok: Alarming as China gets only six weeks to leave America
- Edo 2020: PDP reduces Oshiomhole political impotency
- Ondo Deputy Gov, Ajayi, compounds Akeredolu’s second term woes
- Virgin Atlantic runs out of cash, files for bankruptcy
- COVID-19 not in breastmilk, WHO allays fears
- Justice at last after girl was raped and murdered by a trusted childhood friend
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole lays fresh ambush for Obaseki, poaches governor’s men
- Chinese loan: Amaechi fires backs at lawmakers