By Rahib Ali Rind
Covid-19 is a global issue which has adversely affected the social, political and economic fabrics of the globe. The pandemic caused havoc in the globalized world. It got birth from Wuhan city of China and has spreaded through out the world. More than two lacs of world’s population have lost their lives due to this pandemic virus disease. Now-a-days, United States of America(USA), United kingdom (UK), Itlay, Russia and Spain are the most affected countries at global level. After World War1(ww1) and World War2(ww2), the world has been taken a new turn and has been promoted globalization. Currently, It is considered as a undeclared World War3(ww3). On the one hand, Covid-19, it has provided impetus to trade and education disturbances ; on the other, it has caused huge loss to the peoples and the states.
Moreover, Covid-19 severely jolts the human life in the form of mass destruction. At least 4.3 million people are known to have been infected with the coronavirus worldwide, while at least 295,671 people have died. The figures collected by Johns Hopkins University are likely to be a great underestimate of the true scale of the pandemic. It had reached an alarming stage.
Besides it, this archaic character has further worsened the situation of education system at global level. Edication is considered as the third eye of a man. It seems pertinent here to cite of an examples of the developed countries which have progressed by leaps and bounds after paying heed at education system. Where there is a high illiteracy rate, there is always deprivation of fundamental human rights, political billunders and economic hurdles. According to United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF) monitoring, 177 countries are currently implementing nationwide closures and 13 are implementing local closures, impacting about 73.5 percent of the world’s student population on 23 March 2020, Cambridge International.
Last but not least, it must be realized that disturbance of world trade nothing but pulling down economic pattern of globalization. World trade is the backbone of promoting globalization. The world economy in 2020 is projected to shrink by 3.2 per cent, racking up some $8.5 trillion in overall losses – wiping out nearly four years of output gains, according to a mid-year economic analysis by the United Nations. Owing to this, ban over transportation field has badly turnished the image of global trade.
All in all, Covid-19 is a burning question of today’s globe. Covid-19 has kept the world away from becoming a globalized world. Contrary to this, this problem needs immediate attention, if the world wants to become globalized world. Common man, civil society and intellectuals can play pivotal role in this regard. If serious efforts are not taken to root this issue out, it will become a threat to the globalization.
By Rahib Ali Rind writes from Pakistan. He is a student, BE, Chemical Engineering) QUEST, Nawabshah (Pursuing)
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- EDO: Malami, IGP back APC to gang up against PDP, Speaker, Obaseki
- Full text of Tinubu’s attack on Obaseki
- Edo youths, women rise against APC impunity, lawlessness
- Edo boils, indigenes warn APC, impeachment of Obaseki not feasible now
- Exposed: How Oshiomhole disburses over N500m to recruit thugs for mayhem in Edo Assembly – PDP
- Why and how we should invest in education
- Ronaldo, Champion’s League: End of the road – Expert
- Breaking: End of the road for Naira Marley
- Covid-19: Court sentences second-time offender Naira Marley
- EDO: Police arrest thugs Obaseki allegedly hired to destroy Assembly Complex for renovation
- EDO: Buhari snubs APC, declines to attend rally
- Medical doctors spill blood during election
- EDO: Obaseki, PDP panic as Buhari meets Ize-Iyamu
- Big Brother’s house on fire!
- EDO: Breaking! APC lawmakers impeach Speaker, seek truce with Obaseki
- EDO: APC, FG intensify effort to impeach Obaseki, PDP cries out; Ize-Iyamu mocks gov
- Ecobank introduces cardless withdrawals at ATMs
- Maintain old pump price, IPMAN tells fuel marketers
- Traditional ruler in trouble for allegedly defiling teenage daughter
- Stay off these states in Nigeria, UK warns citizens
- EDO: Tension rises as loyalists take-off House of Assembly roof, mace
- Workers threaten to shut down airport over sack of pilots, others
- Many goats have been buried at the National Stadium – Christian Chukwu
- Striker we tied with juju still scored against Super Eagles – Christian Chukwu
- Plot to impeach Obaseki looms, Police take over Edo Assembly
- How Fulani militias killed 2,539 people, burnt 7,582 houses within three years in 654 attacks – Study
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole in fresh trouble, Ize-Iyamu trembles
- PDP mocks Ize-Iyamu over rejection by Edo APC
- Oshiomhole’s ambush, Obaseki fights back
- EDO MACE THEFT: Tension as Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu divide assembly, and one APC gov, impeached dep. speaker gun for Speaker Okiye,mace
- Another APC chieftain dies
- Much ado about Manchester United transfer rumours: These are the latest updates Red Devils fans need to know
- Tiktok: Alarming as China gets only six weeks to leave America
- Edo 2020: PDP reduces Oshiomhole political impotency
- Ondo Deputy Gov, Ajayi, compounds Akeredolu’s second term woes
- Virgin Atlantic runs out of cash, files for bankruptcy
- COVID-19 not in breastmilk, WHO allays fears
- Justice at last after girl was raped and murdered by a trusted childhood friend
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole lays fresh ambush for Obaseki, poaches governor’s men
- Chinese loan: Amaechi fires backs at lawmakers