The clergyman allegedly indicted by the presidential panel investigating suspended EFCC chairman has threatened to sue the News Agency of Nigeria that first published the news of the panel report.
In a pre-litigation letter to NAN, Prophet Emmanuel Omale denied the allegations that he bought a property in Dubai worth N573m on behalf of Ibrahim Magu who has been facing interrogation by the Justice Ayo Salami panel sitting in Aso Rock.
Omale is the General Overseer of Divine Hand of God Prophetic Ministries International in Abuja.
In the letter which was signed by his lawyer, Gordy Uche (SAN), the cleric said he actually met Magu who was there on medical visit in Dubai earlier in the year. And he prayed for the EFCC chairman.
He added there was nothing like buying property.
The cleric inisted the NAN report reeks of calumny, denigration, actuated by malice, and is calculated to ridicule and disparage him and cast a stain on his reputation; expose him to public hatred and contempt and injure him in his religious calling, as a church leader.
“We, however, wish to make the following clarifications to put the public records straight: That our client is the General Overseer of an Inter-denominational/Multi-religious Prayer Ministry,” he said.
“That our client, only visited Mr. Ibrahim Magu in a hospital in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, sometime in March 2020.
“That our client never laundered any funds whatsoever for Mr. Ibrahim Magu or for anybody whatsoever. Our client does not own any foreign bank account anywhere in the world.
“That there are no funds whatsoever traceable from Mr. Ibrahim Magu to our client’s bank accounts whatsoever neither has our client received any funds whatsoever from Mr. Ibrahim Magu. Our client has never received any funds whatsoever from anybody on behalf of Mr. Ibrahim Magu.
“That our client does not own any property in Dubai. His name was never used to purchase any property whatsoever in Dubai, United Arab Emirates or anywhere else in any part of the world, neither has he purchased any property nor properties for Mr. Ibrahim Magu in any part of the world whatsoever.”
He subsequently asked the Federal Government-owned news agency to retract the publication which had severely injured his reputation, character and calling.”
The cleric asked NAN to restrain itself from further defamation of his character or a libel suit of N1bn would be instituted against the agency.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- EDO: Malami, IGP back APC to gang up against PDP, Speaker, Obaseki
- Full text of Tinubu’s attack on Obaseki
- Edo youths, women rise against APC impunity, lawlessness
- Edo boils, indigenes warn APC, impeachment of Obaseki not feasible now
- Exposed: How Oshiomhole disburses over N500m to recruit thugs for mayhem in Edo Assembly – PDP
- Why and how we should invest in education
- Ronaldo, Champion’s League: End of the road – Expert
- Breaking: End of the road for Naira Marley
- Covid-19: Court sentences second-time offender Naira Marley
- EDO: Police arrest thugs Obaseki allegedly hired to destroy Assembly Complex for renovation
- EDO: Buhari snubs APC, declines to attend rally
- Medical doctors spill blood during election
- EDO: Obaseki, PDP panic as Buhari meets Ize-Iyamu
- Big Brother’s house on fire!
- EDO: Breaking! APC lawmakers impeach Speaker, seek truce with Obaseki
- EDO: APC, FG intensify effort to impeach Obaseki, PDP cries out; Ize-Iyamu mocks gov
- Ecobank introduces cardless withdrawals at ATMs
- Maintain old pump price, IPMAN tells fuel marketers
- Traditional ruler in trouble for allegedly defiling teenage daughter
- Stay off these states in Nigeria, UK warns citizens
- EDO: Tension rises as loyalists take-off House of Assembly roof, mace
- Workers threaten to shut down airport over sack of pilots, others
- Many goats have been buried at the National Stadium – Christian Chukwu
- Striker we tied with juju still scored against Super Eagles – Christian Chukwu
- Plot to impeach Obaseki looms, Police take over Edo Assembly
- How Fulani militias killed 2,539 people, burnt 7,582 houses within three years in 654 attacks – Study
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole in fresh trouble, Ize-Iyamu trembles
- PDP mocks Ize-Iyamu over rejection by Edo APC
- Oshiomhole’s ambush, Obaseki fights back
- EDO MACE THEFT: Tension as Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu divide assembly, and one APC gov, impeached dep. speaker gun for Speaker Okiye,mace
- Another APC chieftain dies
- Much ado about Manchester United transfer rumours: These are the latest updates Red Devils fans need to know
- Tiktok: Alarming as China gets only six weeks to leave America
- Edo 2020: PDP reduces Oshiomhole political impotency
- Ondo Deputy Gov, Ajayi, compounds Akeredolu’s second term woes
- Virgin Atlantic runs out of cash, files for bankruptcy
- COVID-19 not in breastmilk, WHO allays fears
- Justice at last after girl was raped and murdered by a trusted childhood friend
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole lays fresh ambush for Obaseki, poaches governor’s men
- Chinese loan: Amaechi fires backs at lawmakers