President, Latter Rain Assembly, and one-time presidential candidate in Nigeria, Pastor Tunde Bakare, brought fire to the hour-long conversation on The Future of Faith with Chude Jideonwo, founder of Joy, Inc., discussing governance, and the responsibility of the church during these times.
Speaking about his presidential ambitions, Pastor Tunde Bakare mentioned that in the 2011 elections he was “pressured to run with Atiku.” Nonetheless, God’s counsel to him has remained the same – his political career is not over, he will be called upon for more responsibilities and he is obligated to show up.
Pastor Bakare extolled the virtue of rising up to one’s responsibilities, referencing the church as a body that is required in these trying times to show up for its members.
“The church, which is you and I and the millions of Christians in this country, has one duty; to nourish the body of Christ, honor and serve it. That is you and I.”
“If the church does not do its duty, it will soon be empty and cockroaches and spiders will take over,” Bakare said.
The conversation also touched on gender, the state of violence against women, and the increase in questions about the role of religion in the continued subjugation of women, which is inarguably related to how women continue to meet violence at the hands of men.
New episodes of The Future of Faith show on Instagram Live @chudeity, Monday to Friday throughout the month of June. The series will be coming to TV subsequently, with an extended podcast edition across multiple podcast platforms. Follow Chude Jideonwo on his Instagram page to stay abreast of new episodes.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Resident doctors abandon Covid-19 treatment centres
- Magu battles Malami as suspended EFCC boss gets bail
- Father forces 12-year-old daughter into 2 marriages in one month
- PDP scolds Ize-Iyamu over APC false alarm
- BREAKING: Jan Oblak’s transfer to Stamford Bridge is good news for Chelsea fans
- First female pilot not dead
- Another N5.8bn pension fund scandal rocks Niger state
- Malami crushes Magu, EFCC, undertakes burial of anti-corruption war in Buhari’s govt
- Data war: More Nigerians dump MTN, Airtel for Glo
- More heads roll as Buhari goes after EFCC top officials
- NEXIM Bank explains ‘missing N50bn’ claims, exonerates MD
- Boko Haram demands N20 million ransom for kidnapped girls
- Osinbajo, others to attend 2020 MSMEs Awards
- Covid19: Cases approach 13,000 in Lagos
- Edo 2020: Ize-Iyamu incurs Oshiomhole’s wrath, engages in self-defeatist campaign
- GTbank, Access, others drag NSE to negative close
- Police arrest parents for domestic violence on 12-year-old daughter
- Brutalised! How 14-year-old had her genitals damaged
- How baby survived in a cave with her dead mother
- Police arrest Man, 24, for burning 10-year boy with hot knife
- Gruesome murder of Gokada founder begins to unravel
- No more hiding place for loan defaulters as CBN issues new guidelines
- BREAKING: Good news for the Red Devils fans as Manchester United finally ‘agrees’ Jadon Sancho transfer to Old Trafford
- Lagos Assembly Correspondents Mourn Lawmaker, Tunde Braimoh
- E-payment transaction declines by N96bn in April
- Aide opens up on conspiracy against Osinbajo, 2023 ambition
- COVID-19 and It’s Adverse Implications on Globalization
- Ekweremadu to chair PDP committee on Ondo governorship primaries
- Here’s what killed Nigerian professor of infectious diseases in Abuja quarantine
- Prediction: Manchester United vs. Southampton
- Secret of Magu’s Dubai meeting with alleged front exposed
- Magu reacts to alleged missing interest on recovered N550bn
- Fresh pressure on Buhari to fire Buratai, others over uncontrollable bloodshed in north
- Ex-NDDC MD raises fresh allegations against Akpabio, drops another bombshell
- Covid-19: Okotie attacks Gates, others
- Afenifere blows hot over lopsided appointments in NPA
- Police rescue American lady, held captive in Lagos hotel for 16 months
- BREAKING: Manchester City win fight against UEFA ban as EPL top four heightens
- Jada’s entanglement with August: 50 Cent makes joke after joke on Will Smith