Reports just reaching National Daily reveal that Chelsea are willing to meet the stunning 53million release clause of RB Leipzig’s striker Timo Werner.
It was further gathered by National Daily that the German sensation has agreed to join Chelsea in principle in on a deal that worth 180,000 as weekly wages.
Remarkably, the north London club has capitalized on Liverpool’s reluctance and unwillingness to pay the RB Leipzig striker’s full release clause
Further revelation explains that Frank Lampard is keen on bringing a No.9 to Stamford Bridge this summer to challenge Tammy Abraham..
The Blues boss made use of a clause in Olivier Giroud’s contract to keep the experienced striker at the club for another season.
However, the France World Cup winner is only expected to be a backup as Lampard aims to boost the quality of his starting squad.
Interestingly for Chelsea’s fans, Werner’s potential move to Stamford Bridge has been hinted by his boss Julian Nagelsmann when he was asked about the future of the Leipzig’s hitman. Nagelsmann admitted that there is not much the club can do to keep him there if he decides to leave.
‘There is nothing we can do about it. He knows what he has in Leipzig and also what he has with me,’ Nagelsmann said.
‘I show him that — he gets many chances to develop himself. I don’t know if it will help him that much if I tell him every day.
A player has to feel that he can get better. If he doesn’t feel that, it wouldn’t do any good if I kept on telling him to stay here.
‘In the end, it is his life, his career, he can decide that. I can’t think of anything new to say to Timo.’
Undoubtedly, Chelsea fans are in high spirit over Werner’s potential move to Stamford Bridge as his arrival will definitely give the Blues the much desirable force in attack as a proven striker.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Resident doctors abandon Covid-19 treatment centres
- Magu battles Malami as suspended EFCC boss gets bail
- Father forces 12-year-old daughter into 2 marriages in one month
- PDP scolds Ize-Iyamu over APC false alarm
- BREAKING: Jan Oblak’s transfer to Stamford Bridge is good news for Chelsea fans
- First female pilot not dead
- Another N5.8bn pension fund scandal rocks Niger state
- Malami crushes Magu, EFCC, undertakes burial of anti-corruption war in Buhari’s govt
- Data war: More Nigerians dump MTN, Airtel for Glo
- More heads roll as Buhari goes after EFCC top officials
- NEXIM Bank explains ‘missing N50bn’ claims, exonerates MD
- Boko Haram demands N20 million ransom for kidnapped girls
- Osinbajo, others to attend 2020 MSMEs Awards
- Covid19: Cases approach 13,000 in Lagos
- Edo 2020: Ize-Iyamu incurs Oshiomhole’s wrath, engages in self-defeatist campaign
- GTbank, Access, others drag NSE to negative close
- Police arrest parents for domestic violence on 12-year-old daughter
- Brutalised! How 14-year-old had her genitals damaged
- How baby survived in a cave with her dead mother
- Police arrest Man, 24, for burning 10-year boy with hot knife
- Gruesome murder of Gokada founder begins to unravel
- No more hiding place for loan defaulters as CBN issues new guidelines
- BREAKING: Good news for the Red Devils fans as Manchester United finally ‘agrees’ Jadon Sancho transfer to Old Trafford
- Lagos Assembly Correspondents Mourn Lawmaker, Tunde Braimoh
- E-payment transaction declines by N96bn in April
- Aide opens up on conspiracy against Osinbajo, 2023 ambition
- COVID-19 and It’s Adverse Implications on Globalization
- Ekweremadu to chair PDP committee on Ondo governorship primaries
- Here’s what killed Nigerian professor of infectious diseases in Abuja quarantine
- Prediction: Manchester United vs. Southampton
- Secret of Magu’s Dubai meeting with alleged front exposed
- Magu reacts to alleged missing interest on recovered N550bn
- Fresh pressure on Buhari to fire Buratai, others over uncontrollable bloodshed in north
- Ex-NDDC MD raises fresh allegations against Akpabio, drops another bombshell
- Covid-19: Okotie attacks Gates, others
- Afenifere blows hot over lopsided appointments in NPA
- Police rescue American lady, held captive in Lagos hotel for 16 months
- BREAKING: Manchester City win fight against UEFA ban as EPL top four heightens
- Jada’s entanglement with August: 50 Cent makes joke after joke on Will Smith