Sahara Reporters, Mr. Babajide Otitoju of TVC, Mr. Bayo Oluwasanmi, Budgit, Concerned Nigerians, Adeola Fayehun of Keeping It Real, The Independent Diaspora Nigerians Against Corruption, Human and Environmental Development Agenda on Thursday shunned the invitation of the Lagos House of Assembly on the allegations of corruption made against the Speaker of the House, Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Ajayi Obasa.
Addressing journalists and other members of the Adhoc Committee raised by the House on the matter, Chairman of the Committee, Hon. Victor Akande stated that the Committee was constituted for a fact-finding mission on the allegations made against Speaker Mudashiru Obasa so that the invited groups and persons could substantiate their allegations.
Members of the committee included Hon. Rotimi Olowo, Shomolu 1, Hon. Gbolahan Yishawu, Eti Osa 2 and Hon. Yinka Ogundimu, Agege 2.
Others are Hon. Lukmon Olumoh, Ajeromi/Ifelodun 1, Hon. Ajani Owolabi, Lagos Mainland 1 and Hon. Mojisola Alli Macaulay, Amuwo Odofin 1
“We still have tomorrow, Friday and Saturday for the petitioners to come around. I want to thank you for your patience and for being prompt with your attendance.
“This is not the first time that we are having this kind of issue. It has happened in the National Assembly before.
“It is an allegation, we cannot just go to court. We have to find out the facts and figures. It is not just against the Speaker of the House.
“The House once investigated an issue against the former Governor of the state. We must build something on something for us to have a cause of action,” he said.
Hon. Akande revealed that SaharaReporters, which he said is the most important party in the matter, received and acknowledged the receipt of the invite of the House through their email address.
He added that most of the invitees did not have permanent addresses, and that the House sent invitations to them through their email addresses, and the means they used to make their allegations against the Speaker.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Resident doctors abandon Covid-19 treatment centres
- Magu battles Malami as suspended EFCC boss gets bail
- Father forces 12-year-old daughter into 2 marriages in one month
- PDP scolds Ize-Iyamu over APC false alarm
- BREAKING: Jan Oblak’s transfer to Stamford Bridge is good news for Chelsea fans
- First female pilot not dead
- Another N5.8bn pension fund scandal rocks Niger state
- Malami crushes Magu, EFCC, undertakes burial of anti-corruption war in Buhari’s govt
- Data war: More Nigerians dump MTN, Airtel for Glo
- More heads roll as Buhari goes after EFCC top officials
- NEXIM Bank explains ‘missing N50bn’ claims, exonerates MD
- Boko Haram demands N20 million ransom for kidnapped girls
- Osinbajo, others to attend 2020 MSMEs Awards
- Covid19: Cases approach 13,000 in Lagos
- Edo 2020: Ize-Iyamu incurs Oshiomhole’s wrath, engages in self-defeatist campaign
- GTbank, Access, others drag NSE to negative close
- Police arrest parents for domestic violence on 12-year-old daughter
- Brutalised! How 14-year-old had her genitals damaged
- How baby survived in a cave with her dead mother
- Police arrest Man, 24, for burning 10-year boy with hot knife
- Gruesome murder of Gokada founder begins to unravel
- No more hiding place for loan defaulters as CBN issues new guidelines
- BREAKING: Good news for the Red Devils fans as Manchester United finally ‘agrees’ Jadon Sancho transfer to Old Trafford
- Lagos Assembly Correspondents Mourn Lawmaker, Tunde Braimoh
- E-payment transaction declines by N96bn in April
- Aide opens up on conspiracy against Osinbajo, 2023 ambition
- COVID-19 and It’s Adverse Implications on Globalization
- Ekweremadu to chair PDP committee on Ondo governorship primaries
- Here’s what killed Nigerian professor of infectious diseases in Abuja quarantine
- Prediction: Manchester United vs. Southampton
- Secret of Magu’s Dubai meeting with alleged front exposed
- Magu reacts to alleged missing interest on recovered N550bn
- Fresh pressure on Buhari to fire Buratai, others over uncontrollable bloodshed in north
- Ex-NDDC MD raises fresh allegations against Akpabio, drops another bombshell
- Covid-19: Okotie attacks Gates, others
- Afenifere blows hot over lopsided appointments in NPA
- Police rescue American lady, held captive in Lagos hotel for 16 months
- BREAKING: Manchester City win fight against UEFA ban as EPL top four heightens
- Jada’s entanglement with August: 50 Cent makes joke after joke on Will Smith