Chairman of the League Management Company (LMC), Shehu Dikko, has disclosed that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) does not have any issues with Super Eagles Coach, Gernot Rohr, saying the conditions included in the manager’s proposed new contract are meant to strengthen the national team,National Daily learnt.
Dikko, who is the NFF’s second vice president, revealed that there were condition spelt out before Rohr signed his first contract with Nigeria, adding that the federation has now insisted that Rohr must accept the terms because the country needs to help the local league grow through the inclusion of some of the competition’s outstanding stars.
Dikko also argued that if the Franco-German spent more time in the country, he would appreciate the quality in the local league players and fashion out means of getting the best out of them
“I don’t understand why the recent pronouncement by NFF President, Amaju Pinnick is creating a lot of controversies.
“The president since January at different fora has announced this guideline during interactions with Journalists.
“The guidelines were there for Rohr to follow before he got his contract to coach the Super Eagles. Telling him that he will be paid in naira is the country’s financial policy.
“The NFF does not in any way have issues with Rohr. In fact, the coach has done a good job with the Super Eagles by assembling young and disciplined players eager to give a good account of themselves since he took charge of the Super Eagles. But he can’t continue to stay in Europe monitoring Nigeria’s foreign-based footballers,” he said.
According to Dikko, the NFF desires to keep Rohr in the country to help build the home-based players, adding, “for instance, if Rohr lives in the country he will have the opportunity to go round league venues, monitor players and pencil down the names of the ones that are outstanding.
“He will then open a home-based camp to be with these players for some days before they return to their various clubs for league assignments.
“With this arrangement, Rohr will be able to help build a team for CHAN and also discover more players that will contend with the foreign-based players. Nigeria has quality players in the league.
“When Rohr has a first-hand relationship with domestic players, he will be able to help the NFF to save cost.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Miyetti Allah floats security outfit; dares Amotekun, others
- Covid-19: Cases rise to 175000
- ICT experts advocate stronger focus on Nigeria’s digital economy
- Dan Etete to lose luxury jet linked to Malabu oil deal
- Corruption allegations, crusade to get me out of office – Obasa
- Covid-19: AU appoints Masiyiwa Special Envoy
- Oshiomhole, APC panic as PDP commences screening of governorship aspirants in Edo
- Okowa signs Judiciary Autonomy Bill into law
- Oshiomhole, Obaseki, test battlefield as APC screens Ize-Iyamu, other aspirants for Edo election
- Naira picks at I&E window despite uncertainty in forex market
- Coronavirus is real, discharged patients recount ordeals
- WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala’s nomination suffers big setback
- Inadequate metering remains serious change to power sector – NERC
- Nigeria to lose some councils to new country
- Nigeria will not lose councils to new country – Foreign Affairs minister
- Atiku reacts to fuel subsidy removal
- Stock market finishes week on poor note as capitalization drops
- Adult caught abusing a 3-year-old step sister on tape
- NCC boss, Danbatta gets Buhari’s approval for second term
- NNPC takes drastic measures to strengthen profitability
- China desperate to control global information on coronavirus, dictates Facebook’s State media rules
- CBN sanctions UBA, others over failure to meet CRR target
- Edo Primary: Obaseki embroiled in UI certificate forgery allegation
- Christiano Ronaldo leads Messi, makes Forbes Billionaire list
- FG gives marketers powers to fix fuel price
- COVID-19 Waiver: ANLCA collates 800 receipts, as members accuse NECOM of compromise
- Apapa, Tin Can Ports get rail connectivity
- Over 3000 Ministers Outside Christ Embasssy benefit from Pastor Chris Emergency Relief Aid
- Chloroquine Trial: The game WHO, Lancet, others playing with Trump about Covid-19
- Bandits return to Zamfara, kill 21, injure 12
- Gov Sanwo-Olu make U-turn, reopens churches, mosques in Lagos
- How robbers killed eight police officers in Kogi
- Federal Capital Territory issues guidelines for re-opening of churches, mosques
- Okowa assures to sustain development of road infrastructure
- The church will soon be empty if… – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- OPAN commends court on N15m judgement against Police over detention of Online Journalists
- Court foils Reps plot to arrest CUPP Spokesperson, Ikenga Imo
- BREAKING: Chelsea fans jubilate with Frank Lampard on Timo Werner’s move to Stamford Bridge
- Ex- Senate leader vows vengeance for late Barakat Bello
- Sahara Reporters, others shun Lagos Assembly adhoc committee invitation