Kyari explains how he manages Covid-19, flaunts experts attending to him, never asks for Nigerians’ prayers
Presidential CoS Abba Kyari has given the details of his infection with Covid-19, and he encouraged Nigerians to follow the NCDC protocols.
His account of how he managed his infection could however baffle Nigerians who have followed his social activities since he came back from Germany where he likely caught the bug.
The CoS visited Kogi, attended meetings, mixed with governors, and others i the lead up to the confirmation of the virus six days ago, after infection three of his staffers.
In a statement he personally released to journalists Sunday, he claimed he self-isolated himself, and never showed symptoms of infection.
He insisted he is as fit as a fiddle as he counsels Nigeria to be vigilant and compliant with authorities.
Unlike many public officials who like to ask Nigerians for prayers, Kyari , in the letter, maintained his cool and trust in what his team can do.
Read the full text:
“I am writing to let you know that on medical advice, I will transfer to Lagos later today for additional tests and observation. This is a precautionary measure: I feel well, but last week, I tested positive for coronavirus, the pandemic that is sweeping the world. I have followed all the protocols government has announced to self-isolate and quarantine.”
“I have made my own care arrangements to avoid further burdening the public health system, which faces so many pressures. Like many others that will test also positive, I have not experienced high fever or other symptoms associated with this new virus and have been working from home. I hope to be back at my desk very soon. I have a team of young, professional, knowledgeable and patriotic colleagues, whose dedication has been beyond the call of duty, who continue to work seven days a week, with no time of the day spared. We will continue to serve the President and people of Nigeria, as we have for the past five years.
“We should be calm, measured and diligent – be meticulous in your hygiene, especially with cleaning hands, if possible stay at home or keep your distance. Listen to good advice from the proper authorities: pay no heed to quack cures or fake news from social media. President Buhari will do whatever it takes to protect the health and safety of our people and get the country back on its feet as soon as possible.”
“Like the whole world, we are dealing with a new disease. Our experts are learning more all the time about coronavirus, what it does and how we can combat it. What we do know is that while some may become very sick, many others who contract the virus will not, and may have no symptoms at all. This is a disease that recognises no difference between north and south, men or women, rich or poor. We are all in this together,”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- BREAKING: Chelsea fans jubilate with Frank Lampard on Timo Werner’s move to Stamford Bridge
- Ex- Senate leader vows vengeance for late Barakat Bello
- Sahara Reporters, others shun Lagos Assembly adhoc committee invitation
- Casual workers, another form of ‘modern day slavery’ – NLC
- Importers, agents decry Customs service failure at Tin Can Port
- NIWA faults Lagos Attorney General on waterways jurisdiction
- NPA donates computers to Nigerians in diaspora
- Lagos releases new dates for re-opening of churches, mosques
- Directors, others jostle for vacant federal civil service positions
- Another Nigerian top celebrity in rape scandal
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves jumps as oil nears $40
- U.S retaliates, bars Chinese airlines from entering country
- Nigeria’s Bonny Light inches closer to $40
- Covid-19: More than 1000 die of infection in 24 hrs
- Enough of self-pity Southern Kaduna
- Dbanj accused of rape
- How Dbanj raped me — Victim
- SERAP drags Buhari, NASS to UN over cuts in health, UBE budgets
- Protest looms over governors’ refusal to open churches, mosques after PTF order
- Fresh bloodbath in Southern Kaduna, suspected Fulani Herdsmen slaughter 16 women, children in rural community
- COVID-19 hits hard on banks ad impression
- Chairman of covid-19 task force tests positive
- Uncertainty forces Naira down against US Dollar
- Lagos Assembly set to re-order Y2020 budget
- Obasa mourns Senator Muse demise, condoles family members
- Military arrest fake soldiers in Delta
- Sen Dino Melaye puts Gov Yahaya Bello, APC on fresh hot seat
- Buhari reassures Adesina, AfDB President, of support
- Floyd: White man arrested along with Floyd speaks out
- AfDB: No shaking! Adesina assured of Buhari’s word to moblisie Africa for second term
- What Buhari told Adesina about his re-elections bid at AfDB
- President Buhari gets Senate approval to borrow $5.513bn
- New pump price of fuel is fraud, here is why, says PDP
- Mrs. Okowa at 59, seeks God’s gift for 120 years
- Freedom for Orji Kalu at last
- Crude oil prices appreciate as investors remain optimistic over cut
- FRSC spokesman, Bisi Kazeem, others decorated with new ranks
- Football fans react as NFF President Amaju Pinnick blows hot on Nigerian football
- Latest: Why Sanwo-Olu keeps churches, mosques closed after FG lifted restrictions
- Lagos Assembly says financial autonomy key for a virile nation