The weekly Federal Executive Council meeting did not hold today.
A special session of the council will however hold on Thursday to discuss the 2018 Appropriation Bill.
President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to preside over the meeting.
“Federal Executive Council (FEC) Meeting will hold tomorrow, Thursday Oct 26. Agenda is #Budget2018, which is currently being finalised,” read a message posted on the Presidency’s Twitter handle.
The Federal Government had promised to ensure that the 2018 Appropriation Bill gets to the National Assembly this month.
If approved by the council on Thursday, the document will be set to be communicated to the federal lawmakers.
It is however still not clear if the October target can still be met with barely four working days left in the month.
Latest Nigeria News
- Miyetti Allah floats security outfit; dares Amotekun, others
- Covid-19: Cases rise to 175000
- ICT experts advocate stronger focus on Nigeria’s digital economy
- Dan Etete to lose luxury jet linked to Malabu oil deal
- Corruption allegations, crusade to get me out of office – Obasa
- Covid-19: AU appoints Masiyiwa Special Envoy
- Oshiomhole, APC panic as PDP commences screening of governorship aspirants in Edo
- Okowa signs Judiciary Autonomy Bill into law
- Oshiomhole, Obaseki, test battlefield as APC screens Ize-Iyamu, other aspirants for Edo election
- Naira picks at I&E window despite uncertainty in forex market
- Coronavirus is real, discharged patients recount ordeals
- WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala’s nomination suffers big setback
- Inadequate metering remains serious change to power sector – NERC
- Nigeria to lose some councils to new country
- Nigeria will not lose councils to new country – Foreign Affairs minister
- Atiku reacts to fuel subsidy removal
- Stock market finishes week on poor note as capitalization drops
- Adult caught abusing a 3-year-old step sister on tape
- NCC boss, Danbatta gets Buhari’s approval for second term
- NNPC takes drastic measures to strengthen profitability
- China desperate to control global information on coronavirus, dictates Facebook’s State media rules
- CBN sanctions UBA, others over failure to meet CRR target
- Edo Primary: Obaseki embroiled in UI certificate forgery allegation
- Christiano Ronaldo leads Messi, makes Forbes Billionaire list
- FG gives marketers powers to fix fuel price
- COVID-19 Waiver: ANLCA collates 800 receipts, as members accuse NECOM of compromise
- Apapa, Tin Can Ports get rail connectivity
- Over 3000 Ministers Outside Christ Embasssy benefit from Pastor Chris Emergency Relief Aid
- Chloroquine Trial: The game WHO, Lancet, others playing with Trump about Covid-19
- Bandits return to Zamfara, kill 21, injure 12
- Gov Sanwo-Olu make U-turn, reopens churches, mosques in Lagos
- How robbers killed eight police officers in Kogi
- Federal Capital Territory issues guidelines for re-opening of churches, mosques
- Okowa assures to sustain development of road infrastructure
- The church will soon be empty if… – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- OPAN commends court on N15m judgement against Police over detention of Online Journalists
- Court foils Reps plot to arrest CUPP Spokesperson, Ikenga Imo
- BREAKING: Chelsea fans jubilate with Frank Lampard on Timo Werner’s move to Stamford Bridge
- Ex- Senate leader vows vengeance for late Barakat Bello
- Sahara Reporters, others shun Lagos Assembly adhoc committee invitation