“Harrysong Lied About Paying Me for Producing His “Tribute To Mandela” Song” – Producer Chimbalin Blasts Singer
A music producer, identified as Chimbalin has accused Alter Plate recording artist, Harrysong of ripping him off his financial rights on one of his songs, “Tribute To Mandela”.
According to Chimbalin, in a chat with Pulse NG, though he had no written agreement with Harrysong when he produced the song, he got a verbal agreement from the singer as to what he would get from proceeds of the song.
The producer said following the production of the song, he was promised to get 10 percent of the proceeds should the song make it to MTN’s caller back tune and ring tones – which the song eventually did.
Chimbalin then went further to explain how he met Harrysong and all that transpired between them before he decided to call it quit with the singer.
I met Harrysong in Warri some years ago when one of my friends worked with him on a song. My friend brought him to my studio then, we did a song and afterwards, Harrysong showed interest in me and wanted to work with me.
I produced Ogogoro featuring Timaya and some other songs for Harrysongs after which he urged me to leave Warri saying my talent was bigger than Warri and I thought about it before relocating to Lagos.
Relocating to Lagos
We started working together when I relocated to Lagos. Then, Harrysong was still signed on to Questionmark and we did a couple of songs and we worked together like a team striving to attain greater heights. So when Mandela died, we decided to do something and I produced the track which he sang on for the Tribute to Mandela song.
After the song, I wasn’t paid but we had a verbal agreement that I was going to get 10% of whatever proceeds comes out of endorsement from the song after which MTN took over the song and till now, I’m yet to get my entitlement as the producer of the song.
I saw Harrysong as a brother and a friend when we did all these songs, hence there was no written agreement or any kind of law binding agreement other than the trust and verbal assurance which I took to be his word and his bond.
We never had any form of payment model, it was always about getting the job out and he sometimes tips me as a form of remuneration because I was working with him as his personal producer so I never expected it to turn out this way.
However, Harrysong keeps reassuring me that once he hits it big, I will be well and officially compensated and these I believed until now.
Five Star Journey
I was actually one of the two in house producers for Five Star Music. I worked myself out for a total of one year before I moved on. I stayed with the music crew that included Kcee, Skibii and Harrysong.
I was producing music alongside Dr Amin, another producer before I decided to move on when all I got were assurances and reassurances and no deal, agreement or contract signing.
Setting The Records Straight
I have kept quiet all these while even though I had tried reaching out to Harrysong a couple of time even before he left Five Star Music and when he started Alter Plate but it was still reassurances until his manager, Mr Desmond started telling people that I have been paid for all the jobs I did for Harrysong.
And I also learnt that Harrysong also told Kcee while he was with Five Star that he had sorted me and paid me in full for all the songs I produced and I found that not only disheartening but shattering to my trust in his words. I’m surprised why his manager, who was not working with him when we were working together, can continue saying I have been paid when Harrysong fully knows that that is not the case.
I am not fighting with Harrysong, neither do I want to ride on his fame for anything but truth must be told in plain words. Truth is I really don’t like it when people say things that aren’t through. If I was paid, I won’t have the nerve to come out and say all these.
Latest Nigeria News
- EDO: Breaking! APC lawmakers impeach Speaker, seek truce with Obaseki
- EDO: APC, FG intensify effort to impeach Obaseki, PDP cries out; Ize-Iyamu mocks gov
- Ecobank introduces cardless withdrawals at ATMs
- Maintain old pump price, IPMAN tells fuel marketers
- Traditional ruler in trouble for allegedly defiling teenage daughter
- Stay off these states in Nigeria, UK warns citizens
- EDO: Tension rises as loyalists take-off House of Assembly roof, mace
- Workers threaten to shut down airport over sack of pilots, others
- Many goats have been buried at the National Stadium – Christian Chukwu
- Striker we tied with juju still scored against Super Eagles – Christian Chukwu
- Plot to impeach Obaseki looms, Police take over Edo Assembly
- How Fulani militias killed 2,539 people, burnt 7,582 houses within three years in 654 attacks – Study
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole in fresh trouble, Ize-Iyamu trembles
- PDP mocks Ize-Iyamu over rejection by Edo APC
- Oshiomhole’s ambush, Obaseki fights back
- EDO MACE THEFT: Tension as Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu divide assembly, and one APC gov, impeached dep. speaker gun for Speaker Okiye,mace
- Another APC chieftain dies
- Much ado about Manchester United transfer rumours: These are the latest updates Red Devils fans need to know
- Tiktok: Alarming as China gets only six weeks to leave America
- Edo 2020: PDP reduces Oshiomhole political impotency
- Ondo Deputy Gov, Ajayi, compounds Akeredolu’s second term woes
- Virgin Atlantic runs out of cash, files for bankruptcy
- COVID-19 not in breastmilk, WHO allays fears
- Justice at last after girl was raped and murdered by a trusted childhood friend
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole lays fresh ambush for Obaseki, poaches governor’s men
- Chinese loan: Amaechi fires backs at lawmakers
- Like Trump, Buhari watches security agents tear-gas, re-arrest Sowore’s associates, others in renewed RevolutionNow protest
- Sanwo-Olu orders reduction in land use charge
- COVID-19: Another lockdown imminent, says FG
- N40bn probe: Senate Report exposes how NDDC MD, Pondei, staffers shared N4.9bn
- Edo 2020: Deputy Gov, Shaibu, raises red alert on how APC plots to buy votes
- Kingsley Moghalu denies joining APC
- Nigeria Police protest Sahara Reporters malicious report against Inspector General of Police
- Loans Repayment: China’s reaction heightens fear about sovereignty
- Hushpuppi: How FBI got criminal to U.S despite not having an extradition treaty with UAE
- Armed men ambush Correctional Service convoy, free suspects
- FG increases ex-depot price of petrol by N6
- Over 50 people killed as massive explosion rocks Beirut
- How Senate Report indicted NDDC Ag. MD, Pondei, IMC members of 30% kick-back in contract payment
- Service chiefs in fresh panic as Buhari officially orders reengineering of Nigeria’s security apparatus