Azeez Adesiji, the deputy chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress in Osun state led the state executives to join the Action Democratic Party (ADP) in the state with 6,208 members.
Independed Newspaper reports that the party officials in the letter of resignation jointly signed and addressed to the chairman of the party, Gboyega Famodun, said that they took the decision after due consultations with their mentors, close political associates and public and lovers of the party.
Here is the list of those who defected:
1. Alhaji Azeez Issa Adesiji – Deputy state chairman of APC
2. Alhaji Tajudeen Agbeti – Ex-officio
3. Prince Ademola Bamidele – State Auditor
4. Alhaji Rasheed Bakare – Assistant general secretary
5. Akinola Morakinyo – State PRO
6. Wole Adunola – Ex-officio
7. Dr. Idayat Bakare – Assistant welfare secretary
8. Mrs. Ogundare Aina Afolabi – Assistant PRO
9. Alhaji Sikiru Karim – Assistant Treasurer.