– Former vice president Atiku Abubakar reacts to a statement claiming he attacked the leaders of PDP and the party
– Atiku says the statement currently making rounds on social media is baseless
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, a former vice president on Tuesday, December 27, debunked news report in some sections of the media which claimed that he spoke against the leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the party.
A statement was earlier circulating on social media of a purported rift between him, the party’s national chairman, Prince Uche Secondus as well as governors elected on the platform of the party among others.
However Atiku in a statement on his personal Facebook page said: “The statement aimed at pitching the Waziri Adamawa against the National Chairman of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, PDP NEC, PDP Governors and stakeholders of the PDP party is contrived and baseless.”
The viral statement allegedly credited to former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.
Read his statement below:
NAIJ.com previously reported that Former vice-president Atiku Abubakar has said that he has not made up his mind to run for president in 2019, Premium Times reports.
He told VOA Hausa when he featured on a magazine program on Tuesday, December 19, that Nigerians will know when he eventually takes the bold move.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
He said: “For now I have not made up my mind. When I decide, I will let the world know.”
2019 Presidency: Nigerians reveal why they prefer Atiku to President Buhari – on NAIJ.com TV.