Last year, everyone's fave Nollywood rom-com The Wedding Party was released and made history as the highest grossing Nollywood movie of all time. Given the success and popularity of the first one, it made sense that the producers made a sequel which racked up a total of N20 million on its release day!
Last year, The Wedding Party broke a record by making N9.6 million on the opening day and over N468.5 million in sales overall. This year, they broke their own record by making over 100% increase in revenue on the first day of opening in cinemas.
Announcing this success on Instagram, CEO of EbonyLife TV, Mo Abudu said:
"Thank you Nigeria! Incredible, we have broken another record. The biggest opening day in the history of Nollywood!
N20m day one of the box office. Last year we did N9.6m on our opening day! It's double this year! Lord we thank you, we are grateful.
Please Nigeria, go watch #TWP2 this weekend. It's a rollercoaster of laughs, drama and romance. You will love it, no kidding!"
The Wedding Party 2 is set six months after the first film, and focuses on the groom’s brother, Nonso (Enyinna Nwigwe), who continues his romance with Deirdre (Daniella Down), one of Dunni's bridesmaids from London. Nonso proposes to Diedre by accident, and sets off a chain of events too powerful to stop.
Having watched it, we're not sure that it's better than the first one, however stats are saying otherwise! Following suit from the first one, The Wedding Party 2 is hilarious and entertaining and is definitely worth a watch!
If you haven't already, check out the full trailer here:[embedded content]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nobody wants Nigeria suspended —Giwa
- Who is Victor Moses? — Segun Odegbami
- Ndidi signs a new six-year contract with Leicester City
- Barca director hints they haven’t given up on Pogba
- Atiku, Ben Bruce react to demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House
- Acadeny for Stars expelled, fined
- How NFF escaped FIFA ban
- Army investigates female soldier for brutalizing niece
- After a year in coma, footballer wakes up
- Microsoft uncovers more hacking attempts
- Another senator docked for N245m fraud
- Ayefele’s Building Demolition: Both Sides State Their Case
- Man Stabs His 2 Younger Brothers To Death Over Their Father's Property In Delta
- Two Women Nabbed For Buying Day-old Twins For N1.8m
- Woman Gets Married For The First Time At 60 (Photo)
- SHOCKING: CBN Officer Who Belonged To "Secret Society" Dies Mysteriously In Abuja
- Thrilling Things To Do This Holiday
- Gunmen Kill Popular Catholic Priest In Abuja
- You Didn't Build A Single Company In 8 Year, I've Built 9 In 3 Years - Udom replies Akpabio
- Strange Chemical Emission Fills The Air In Anambra Community, 7 Reportedly Dead
- Tinubu Not Happy with Buhari Govt., Supporting Him for His 2023 Ambition - Saraki
- Woman Arrested In Lagos For Pouring Hot Water On Maid
- Yahoo Boy Who Hit His Mum's Head In Desperation To Use Her For Money Ritual
- 5 Brilliant Nigerian Students Shine At World Robotics Competition
- NBS Denies Reports That Nigeria's Economy Is Still In Recession
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise