…Urges Imo people to focus on God, not problems
By Chinonso Alozie
OWERRI—IMO State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, yesterday, described President Mohammadu Buhari as a man, whom God sent to prevent Nigeria from collapsing, boasting that Buhari will win again in the South-East geopolitical zone in 2019 presidential election, as major and smaller political parties will adopt him as their Presidential candidate.
He stated this in a statement to newsmen in Owerri, through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Sam Onwuemeodo, while congratulating Buhari on his 75th birthday.
“At the time Buhari became president, the nation was at the verge of being grounded unknown to some people,” he said.
On the issue of 2019 presidential election, Okorocha said: “In 2019, the votes the President will get for his second tenure will be two times more than the votes he got in 2015 because most Nigerians have come to appreciate the necessity of his coming and what he is doing with the office.
“In 2019 too, most of the political parties will not sponsor presidential candidates including some of the big parties to enable them support the Buhari Presidency, and to enable the President finish the good works he has begun and also lay a very solid foundation for those coming after him.”
Also yesterday, Okorocha asked the people of the state not to dwell much on the problems facing them, but should focus on God.
Speaking at the 2017 Christmas Carol, held at Government House Chapel, Owerri, Okorocha, according to a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, said that soon “peace shall reign in the land.”
He added that the people of the state should use the Christmas period to remember the downtrodden.
“Remember the poor and needy. Show love, give helping hands to those that are in want. That is the Spirit of Christmas and that is what Christ came for,” he said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'
- Top Leader Of Terrorists Who Abducted Leah Sharibu Killed
- Ganduje Bribe Videos: Fayose Slams Buhari, EFCC
- APC Wins Kwara Bye-election
- Osinbajo, NEMA DG To Face Probe Over IDPs N33Billion
- Ooni Of Ife: "In The Palace I Was Never Single"
- Rivers APC Guber Candidate Escapes Assassination
- Confusion As Vehicle Disappears From Police Station
- Policeman Leads Gang To Rob Delta Firm Of N30m In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Man Collapses In Lagos After Losing His Cash Due To Bank's Alleged 'Negligence' (Photo)
- Saraki Reacts To Viral Audio On Helping Buhari In 2015 With His Money
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand