…Urges Imo people to focus on God, not problems
By Chinonso Alozie
OWERRI—IMO State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, yesterday, described President Mohammadu Buhari as a man, whom God sent to prevent Nigeria from collapsing, boasting that Buhari will win again in the South-East geopolitical zone in 2019 presidential election, as major and smaller political parties will adopt him as their Presidential candidate.
He stated this in a statement to newsmen in Owerri, through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Sam Onwuemeodo, while congratulating Buhari on his 75th birthday.
“At the time Buhari became president, the nation was at the verge of being grounded unknown to some people,” he said.
On the issue of 2019 presidential election, Okorocha said: “In 2019, the votes the President will get for his second tenure will be two times more than the votes he got in 2015 because most Nigerians have come to appreciate the necessity of his coming and what he is doing with the office.
“In 2019 too, most of the political parties will not sponsor presidential candidates including some of the big parties to enable them support the Buhari Presidency, and to enable the President finish the good works he has begun and also lay a very solid foundation for those coming after him.”
Also yesterday, Okorocha asked the people of the state not to dwell much on the problems facing them, but should focus on God.
Speaking at the 2017 Christmas Carol, held at Government House Chapel, Owerri, Okorocha, according to a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, said that soon “peace shall reign in the land.”
He added that the people of the state should use the Christmas period to remember the downtrodden.
“Remember the poor and needy. Show love, give helping hands to those that are in want. That is the Spirit of Christmas and that is what Christ came for,” he said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Obasanjo identifies 4 ways to prevent insecurity
- CBN calls on bankers to address challenges of fintech
- LASU VC reaffirms fairness, transparency, accountability to stakeholders
- Nigerian Govt inaugurates new website to bring governance closer to citizens
- Lagos hits N34bn monthly IGR – Ashade
- I regret supporting Saraki for Senate President – Ndume
- Northern youths urge Buhari, Atiku not to contest in 2019
- After 30 days in medical custody, Melaye healthy enough to lambast Aso Rock
- Ohaneze’s latest declaration will scare many politicians
- 15 Nigerian agencies failed to remit N8.1 trillion under Jonathan
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- ‘Entrepreneurship Key To Poverty Alleviation’
- I Made First Class Despite Distractions - UNILAG’s valedictorian
- Female Suicide Bomber Captured Alive As Good Men Stop Her From Killing People
- I Sell My Guns To Anyone That Needs Them - Suspect opens up
- APC Moves To Stop Saraki, Dogara, Others From Leaving Party
- Presidency raises alarm: Rich & corrupt ganging up against Buhari
- Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 6 Teachers In Benue
- 'APC Government Planning To Assassinate Me' - Gov. Wike
- Fashola To Lagos Govt.: Provide Land For Housing
- Young Cultists Raining Havoc In Nigerian Schools (DETAILS)
- I Will Die! Woman tears her dress after herdsman destroys cassava farm she took loan to cultivate
- God Is All You Need
- Man Kills Girlfriend For Money Ritual, Stuffs Her Body Inside Bucket In Lagos
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult