…Urges Imo people to focus on God, not problems
By Chinonso Alozie
OWERRI—IMO State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, yesterday, described President Mohammadu Buhari as a man, whom God sent to prevent Nigeria from collapsing, boasting that Buhari will win again in the South-East geopolitical zone in 2019 presidential election, as major and smaller political parties will adopt him as their Presidential candidate.
He stated this in a statement to newsmen in Owerri, through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Sam Onwuemeodo, while congratulating Buhari on his 75th birthday.
“At the time Buhari became president, the nation was at the verge of being grounded unknown to some people,” he said.
On the issue of 2019 presidential election, Okorocha said: “In 2019, the votes the President will get for his second tenure will be two times more than the votes he got in 2015 because most Nigerians have come to appreciate the necessity of his coming and what he is doing with the office.
“In 2019 too, most of the political parties will not sponsor presidential candidates including some of the big parties to enable them support the Buhari Presidency, and to enable the President finish the good works he has begun and also lay a very solid foundation for those coming after him.”
Also yesterday, Okorocha asked the people of the state not to dwell much on the problems facing them, but should focus on God.
Speaking at the 2017 Christmas Carol, held at Government House Chapel, Owerri, Okorocha, according to a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, said that soon “peace shall reign in the land.”
He added that the people of the state should use the Christmas period to remember the downtrodden.
“Remember the poor and needy. Show love, give helping hands to those that are in want. That is the Spirit of Christmas and that is what Christ came for,” he said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NRA promotion exam holds
- Ronaldo doesn’t guarantee Juventus the title, warns Allegri
- Kofi Anan dies in Switzerland
- NAFRC commandant pulled out from service
- Osun: Parties left out of ballot paper, INEC explains
- Nigeria loses N126.2Bn on abandoned FG properties in Lagos – Unilag Don
- Relatives protest as rescue efforts end at collapsed Abuja building
- Saraki, Ahmed under fire as EFCC tightens noose
- Your ambition a pipe dream, BMO tells Tambuwal
- Why 2019 elections may be delayed
- Story Of Woman & Her Two Daughters Impregnated By One Man
- See The Plane Biafra Leader Ojukwu Used In Fleeing From Nigeria During Civil War (Photos)
- Don't Expose Your Marriage to Your Mother if She Doesn't Respect The Word of God
- Lagos Big Boy, Mark Osigwe, Shot Dead By Assassins (Photos)
- We’ll Humiliate Saraki Out Of Office - APC Senator | He Replies
- Woman Shot Dead By NDLEA During Raid In Lagos
- EFCC Goes After Saraki, Gov. Ahmed Over N7Billion Bond
- APC Already Looking For A New Senate President?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Get Your Glow Back After Having A Baby
- Housemaid Kills Her Madam By Smashing Her Head With Stone
- Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom In Style, Received By Crowd (Photos)
- Businessman Killed By Cultists 'On Revenge Mission' In Delta
- Saraki’s 2019 Presidential Ambition Alters Calculations In PDP
- Two Dead, 20 Trapped As Building Collapsed In Abuja
- 2019: The Big Battle For PDP Presidential Ticket Hots Up
- Demolition of my N800m music house political –Yinka Ayefele
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution