The Lagos State Government has commended Ecobank Nigeria for renovating and furnishing the main building at the Agbala Pediatric Centre in Ikorodu, as part of the lender’s corporate social responsibility effort directed at women and children.
The Chairman, Lagos State Health Service Commission, Dr. Bayo Aderiye, said the contribution by Ecobank would go a long way in resuscitating healthcare delivery at the centre.
He said that the children’s pediatric centre, which is a strategic health facility for residents in Ikorodu and the environs, had long desired this facelift.
Aderiye used the opportunity to call on other corporate bodies to support the government in enhancing strategic public facilities that had direct impact on the people.
The Managing Director, Ecobank Nigeria, Charles Kie, said the renovation of the Agbala Pediatric Centre by the bank was a promise kept as part of a weeklong Environmental Sustainability Campaign in line with the business mantra of the bank.
According to Kie, the guiding principle for corporate social responsibility activities by the bank is to give back and contribute effectively to the communities in which it operates.
He said, “Ecobank is a responsible and caring corporate citizen, assisting people and underprivileged groups to enhance their lives. We also encourage creativity and excellence among Africans, especially the young people, who we see as the future of our continent.”
He reiterated that the vision of the Agbala project revolved around the need to create a conducive healthcare environment for the most vulnerable among Nigerians– the women and children.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants