However on Monday, they face each other in the one of classification matches to decide the ninth to 12th placed teams.
Pillars lost 95-86 to Ugandan side City Oilers while Gombe were beaten 67-47 by ASB Mazembe of Congo.
With the result, Pillars finished fifth in Group A with six points – same as ASB New Generation, who finished sixth in the group. They lost four of their five games and won only one.
In Group B, Gombe finished sixth with six points. They also lost four games and won only one.
Pillars fell to the Ugandans who dominated most part of the game. Oilers won three quarters with the exception of the third quarter, which Pillars won narrowly.
Gombe were overran by Mazembe, who were also struggling in the group before the match.
Their match on Monday will be a repeat of the 2017 Kwese Premier Basketball League final, which Pillars won.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NRA promotion exam holds
- Ronaldo doesn’t guarantee Juventus the title, warns Allegri
- Kofi Anan dies in Switzerland
- NAFRC commandant pulled out from service
- Osun: Parties left out of ballot paper, INEC explains
- Nigeria loses N126.2Bn on abandoned FG properties in Lagos – Unilag Don
- Relatives protest as rescue efforts end at collapsed Abuja building
- Saraki, Ahmed under fire as EFCC tightens noose
- Your ambition a pipe dream, BMO tells Tambuwal
- Why 2019 elections may be delayed
- Story Of Woman & Her Two Daughters Impregnated By One Man
- See The Plane Biafra Leader Ojukwu Used In Fleeing From Nigeria During Civil War (Photos)
- Don't Expose Your Marriage to Your Mother if She Doesn't Respect The Word of God
- Lagos Big Boy, Mark Osigwe, Shot Dead By Assassins (Photos)
- We’ll Humiliate Saraki Out Of Office - APC Senator | He Replies
- Woman Shot Dead By NDLEA During Raid In Lagos
- EFCC Goes After Saraki, Gov. Ahmed Over N7Billion Bond
- APC Already Looking For A New Senate President?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Get Your Glow Back After Having A Baby
- Housemaid Kills Her Madam By Smashing Her Head With Stone
- Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom In Style, Received By Crowd (Photos)
- Businessman Killed By Cultists 'On Revenge Mission' In Delta
- Saraki’s 2019 Presidential Ambition Alters Calculations In PDP
- Two Dead, 20 Trapped As Building Collapsed In Abuja
- 2019: The Big Battle For PDP Presidential Ticket Hots Up
- Demolition of my N800m music house political –Yinka Ayefele
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution