The Commander, Nigerian Navy Ship (NNS) BEECROFT, Rear Admiral Maurice Eno, said in Lagos on Saturday night that the Nigerian Navy has raided a hideout of oil thieves and recovered 1,330 jerry cans filled with Petroleum Motor Spirit (PMS).
National Daily gathered that the raid took place around Ilado, Idimagoro area of Atlas Cove Island in Lagos.
Admiral Eno who spoke with journalists at the command in Apapa, Lagos said the navy raided the environment based on intelligence reports.
At idimagoro, it was discovered that the Jerry cans used to siphon the products were carefully hidden and covered with trees.
Eno, however, said the base monitored the activities around that area for about three weeks to ascertain the veracity of the information before they struck even though no arrest was made.
According to him, “On December 14, about 8.10am, a detachment of personnel from the NNS Beecroft raided the locations and discovered a storage facility having over one 1,500 jerricans.
“1,330 of the Jerricans contained product suspected to be premium Motor Spirit(PMS) believed to have been siphoned from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) pipelines laid on the island.
“At the time of the raid, no person was found on the storage facility,” he said.
Eno reiterated that the products were evacuated from the storage facility to NNS Beecroft for safe custody.
“The team also discovered the siphoning points where valves were connected by the vandals to steal the product.
“It is pertinent to note that NNPC pipelines laid on Atlas Cove island are under the supervision and care of Top Line Security Limited/Kings Guard Security Company.
“It is obvious that these acts may not have gone unnoticed by these private security outfits,” he said.
Eno said the Navy under the current leadership of the Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ette Ibas was determined to rid our waterways and hinterland of all forms of criminality.
“NNS Beecroft is, therefore, committed to assisting NNPC deal with the issue of pipeline vandalism and crude oil theft.”
Admiral Eno added by warning pipeline vandals and other criminal elements particularly within the maritime environment to desist from nefarious activities and pursue lawful means of livelihood.
On the seized jerry cans filled with PMS products, Admiral Eno said his command would hand it over to the NNPC. Also, the residents refused to speak on the recovered cans and products in their dwelling areas.
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution
- PHOTOS: Bayelsa International Airport Almost Ready
- Corporate Keke Driver Customizes His Keke With Cups Of Sweets For Passengers
- US-based Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Lover's Ex
- Nigeria Police To Be Decentralized
- Man Sentenced To Death For Killing Pregnant Wife Over N1000
- Young Robbers Terrorizing Delta Nabbed By Security Operatives
- Photo Of Saraki and His Beautiful Daughters
- Meet Nigeria's Strongest Man As He Shares Secret Of His Success
- Lady Makes Shocking Revelations: My abductors butchered people for rituals
- Many Sleeping At INEC Office In Lagos Just To Get PVC
- Ayefele fans, workers protest planned demolition of radio station
- Faces Of Suspected Homos*xuals Arrested In Hotel Room
- Deadlock In National Assembly Over N189bn Budget For INEC
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Best Destinations For Your First International Trip
- Woman Lies In The Middle Of The Road To Protest Non-Payment Of 13 Months Salary
- Bank Staff Arrested For Fraud On His Wedding Day In Lagos
- Married Woman Committing Adultery Dies After S*x
- Yinka Ayefele Sues Oyo Government Over Building Demolition
- Akpabio Runs To Court, Stops Saraki From Declaring Seat Vacant
- Little Man Rocks NYSC Kit In Style
- New Minimum Wage: We Weren't Elected Just To Pay Salaries - Governors
- Protest At Police Headquarters Abuja Over Detention of Premium Times Journalist
- Soldiers Kill Notorious Bandit, Sani Danbuzuwa During Shoot Out
- Security vote: Governors challenge Buhari, EFCC
- Here is how much FG recovered from whistle blowers
- Philipp Lahm heads Germany bid to host Euro 2024 tournament
- Omeruo signs one year loan deal
- Ogu trains in Cyprus ahead of make-or-break match
- FCT FA Commences U-13 Football Talent Hunt
- Club Brugge turns down Osimhen after trials
- Abia Warriors crush Manga FA 4-0
- France 2018: Falconets ready to battle for semi final ticket
- 120 students participate In 3rd edition Nimrod North West Holiday Volleyball Clinic
- Female Student Wounds Friend For Advise Her To Quit Smoking
- WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
- Lawmakers defect in Ogun
- 2019: Al-Mustapha formally shows interest in presidential race
- LCCI tackles FIRS over new tax provision