The Commander, Nigerian Navy Ship (NNS) BEECROFT, Rear Admiral Maurice Eno, said in Lagos on Saturday night that the Nigerian Navy has raided a hideout of oil thieves and recovered 1,330 jerry cans filled with Petroleum Motor Spirit (PMS).
National Daily gathered that the raid took place around Ilado, Idimagoro area of Atlas Cove Island in Lagos.
Admiral Eno who spoke with journalists at the command in Apapa, Lagos said the navy raided the environment based on intelligence reports.
At idimagoro, it was discovered that the Jerry cans used to siphon the products were carefully hidden and covered with trees.
Eno, however, said the base monitored the activities around that area for about three weeks to ascertain the veracity of the information before they struck even though no arrest was made.
According to him, “On December 14, about 8.10am, a detachment of personnel from the NNS Beecroft raided the locations and discovered a storage facility having over one 1,500 jerricans.
“1,330 of the Jerricans contained product suspected to be premium Motor Spirit(PMS) believed to have been siphoned from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) pipelines laid on the island.
“At the time of the raid, no person was found on the storage facility,” he said.
Eno reiterated that the products were evacuated from the storage facility to NNS Beecroft for safe custody.
“The team also discovered the siphoning points where valves were connected by the vandals to steal the product.
“It is pertinent to note that NNPC pipelines laid on Atlas Cove island are under the supervision and care of Top Line Security Limited/Kings Guard Security Company.
“It is obvious that these acts may not have gone unnoticed by these private security outfits,” he said.
Eno said the Navy under the current leadership of the Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ette Ibas was determined to rid our waterways and hinterland of all forms of criminality.
“NNS Beecroft is, therefore, committed to assisting NNPC deal with the issue of pipeline vandalism and crude oil theft.”
Admiral Eno added by warning pipeline vandals and other criminal elements particularly within the maritime environment to desist from nefarious activities and pursue lawful means of livelihood.
On the seized jerry cans filled with PMS products, Admiral Eno said his command would hand it over to the NNPC. Also, the residents refused to speak on the recovered cans and products in their dwelling areas.
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants