The Commander, Nigerian Navy Ship (NNS) BEECROFT, Rear Admiral Maurice Eno, said in Lagos on Saturday night that the Nigerian Navy has raided a hideout of oil thieves and recovered 1,330 jerry cans filled with Petroleum Motor Spirit (PMS).
National Daily gathered that the raid took place around Ilado, Idimagoro area of Atlas Cove Island in Lagos.
Admiral Eno who spoke with journalists at the command in Apapa, Lagos said the navy raided the environment based on intelligence reports.
At idimagoro, it was discovered that the Jerry cans used to siphon the products were carefully hidden and covered with trees.
Eno, however, said the base monitored the activities around that area for about three weeks to ascertain the veracity of the information before they struck even though no arrest was made.
According to him, “On December 14, about 8.10am, a detachment of personnel from the NNS Beecroft raided the locations and discovered a storage facility having over one 1,500 jerricans.
“1,330 of the Jerricans contained product suspected to be premium Motor Spirit(PMS) believed to have been siphoned from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) pipelines laid on the island.
“At the time of the raid, no person was found on the storage facility,” he said.
Eno reiterated that the products were evacuated from the storage facility to NNS Beecroft for safe custody.
“The team also discovered the siphoning points where valves were connected by the vandals to steal the product.
“It is pertinent to note that NNPC pipelines laid on Atlas Cove island are under the supervision and care of Top Line Security Limited/Kings Guard Security Company.
“It is obvious that these acts may not have gone unnoticed by these private security outfits,” he said.
Eno said the Navy under the current leadership of the Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ette Ibas was determined to rid our waterways and hinterland of all forms of criminality.
“NNS Beecroft is, therefore, committed to assisting NNPC deal with the issue of pipeline vandalism and crude oil theft.”
Admiral Eno added by warning pipeline vandals and other criminal elements particularly within the maritime environment to desist from nefarious activities and pursue lawful means of livelihood.
On the seized jerry cans filled with PMS products, Admiral Eno said his command would hand it over to the NNPC. Also, the residents refused to speak on the recovered cans and products in their dwelling areas.
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Woman Miraculously Escapes Death After Speeding Car Rammed Into Her Shop In Asaba (Photos)
- Oshiomhole Is Corrupt? Protesters Storm ICPC, Demand Probe
- Monkey Snatches Newborn Baby Boy From Mother, Kills Him
- Buhari Must Go With Hardship, We'll Fix The Economy – Atiku
- Married Woman Dies Due To 'Wrong Injection', Family Battles Lagos Hospital
- PDP A Damaged Product, says APC
- Governors to Labour: If You Insist On N30k We'll Sack Workers
- Offa Robbery Update: "You Have Case To Answer"
- Atiku, Peter Obi, Others Meet Igbo Leaders In Enugu (Photos)
- Things Choking Nigeria Economy Revealed
- Woman Duped By Boyfriend Of N4.8million In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Isaac Success rated best Nigerian player in Europe
- Adetunji returns to Abia Warriors
- Fresh cholera outbreak claims 175 IDPs in Northeast
- 2019: Buhari, APC plot to liquidate bank accounts of oppositions – PDP
- Aisha Buhari commends Governors’ Wives on commitment to women’s health
- Bribery allegation; Saraki tackles Oshiomhole
- Fresh crisis hits MOSOP
- MTN seeks operational license to establish bank in Nigeria
- El-Rufai begins Islamisation in Kaduna
- Atiku arrives Enugu for meeting with PDP leaders
- Exposed! Heritage Bank in multi-billion Naira fraud
- Apapa’s port, others under siege
- Two police officers to die for murder
- "I Saw Myself N*ked & Tied" - Lady Celebrates After Escaping From Ritualists In Delta
- Excited Man All Smiles After Undergoing Facial Surgery To Remove Huge Growth
- Beautiful Nurse & Engineer Fiance Share Pre-wedding Pics
- University professors earn more than me as a governor – Fayemi
- Lagos govt. now permits hijab in public schools
- Super Eagles will bring down Bafana —Okowa
- NPFL: Super 8 to hold in Asaba
- IMF projects 4.4% in 2019 on infrastructure projects
- Mikel Obi breaks silence on retirement from Super Eagles
- NIMC boss seeks to unlock Nigeria’s digital market opportunities
- NWFL appoints Icheen Women’s Pro-League Coordinator
- Federal Govt. to auction N115 billion bonds
- Cannibal walks into police station holding human leg
- Girls' Schools Fight Violently, Over 40 Injured
- Woman's Throat Slashed By Husband's Son (Graphic Pic)