A forum of Rivers State ex- legislators has endorsed Governor Nyesom Wike for a second term in office.
The forum has as members, former Senators, members of the House of Representatives and those of the Rivers State House of Assembly from the first Republic to date.
There were over 25 involved in the solidarity visit to the Governor on Friday, as others attended a valedictory service in honour of their late colleague, Andrew Miller who represented Opobo/Nkoro constituency in the 7th Rivers Assembly.
It was not clear whether former legislators who are now members of the opposition APC in the state, joined in the visit to the governor.
The leader of the Forum, Senator Adawari Pepple who endorsed Governor Wike for a second term during a solidarity visit to the Governor in Port Harcourt, said members of the forum also passed a vote of confidence on the Governor.
Sen. Pepple said the Forum endorsed the governor for a second term based on the massive infrastructural development being witnessed by the people of the State.
“We are convinced by the Governor’s excellent performance and that he should continue to lead Rivers State beyond 2019,’’ he added.
“Therefore, as a forum, we call on the Governor to present himself to contest the 2019 Governorship election. We believe that the Rivers State Governor deserves a second term,” the Senator said.
Sen. Pepple lauded the efforts of the State Governor in ensuring that Prince Uche Secondus emerged as the PDP National Chairman.
Governor Nyesom Wike said his administration would continue to deliver development projects to every community in the State, irrespective of political affiliation.
The Governor stated that the mandate given him by the people presents an opportunity to serve them, adding that he would at all times place the people’s interest as priority in the scheme of things.
“We will never play politics with infrastructure. At present, we have ongoing projects in 22 out of the 23 Local Government areas. The remaining Local Government area will witness projects implementation by early next year,” he said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'
- Top Leader Of Terrorists Who Abducted Leah Sharibu Killed
- Ganduje Bribe Videos: Fayose Slams Buhari, EFCC
- APC Wins Kwara Bye-election
- Osinbajo, NEMA DG To Face Probe Over IDPs N33Billion
- Ooni Of Ife: "In The Palace I Was Never Single"
- Rivers APC Guber Candidate Escapes Assassination
- Confusion As Vehicle Disappears From Police Station
- Policeman Leads Gang To Rob Delta Firm Of N30m In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Man Collapses In Lagos After Losing His Cash Due To Bank's Alleged 'Negligence' (Photo)
- Saraki Reacts To Viral Audio On Helping Buhari In 2015 With His Money
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand