A forum of Rivers State ex- legislators has endorsed Governor Nyesom Wike for a second term in office.
The forum has as members, former Senators, members of the House of Representatives and those of the Rivers State House of Assembly from the first Republic to date.
There were over 25 involved in the solidarity visit to the Governor on Friday, as others attended a valedictory service in honour of their late colleague, Andrew Miller who represented Opobo/Nkoro constituency in the 7th Rivers Assembly.
It was not clear whether former legislators who are now members of the opposition APC in the state, joined in the visit to the governor.
The leader of the Forum, Senator Adawari Pepple who endorsed Governor Wike for a second term during a solidarity visit to the Governor in Port Harcourt, said members of the forum also passed a vote of confidence on the Governor.
Sen. Pepple said the Forum endorsed the governor for a second term based on the massive infrastructural development being witnessed by the people of the State.
“We are convinced by the Governor’s excellent performance and that he should continue to lead Rivers State beyond 2019,’’ he added.
“Therefore, as a forum, we call on the Governor to present himself to contest the 2019 Governorship election. We believe that the Rivers State Governor deserves a second term,” the Senator said.
Sen. Pepple lauded the efforts of the State Governor in ensuring that Prince Uche Secondus emerged as the PDP National Chairman.
Governor Nyesom Wike said his administration would continue to deliver development projects to every community in the State, irrespective of political affiliation.
The Governor stated that the mandate given him by the people presents an opportunity to serve them, adding that he would at all times place the people’s interest as priority in the scheme of things.
“We will never play politics with infrastructure. At present, we have ongoing projects in 22 out of the 23 Local Government areas. The remaining Local Government area will witness projects implementation by early next year,” he said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Coalition protests in Ilorin in support of IGP Idris
- Story Of Woman Who Was "Sacked" For Giving Birth To Triplets
- Medical Doctor turned Thief defrauds car dealer N28m, arrested by Police in Lagos
- Olisa Metuh Collapses In Court, Judge Reacts Angrily
- Woman Drugs, Kidnaps Friend After Luring Her To Hotel In Lagos
- Obasanjo visits Afenifere leaders: "We have to rescue Nigeria"
- You must marry corpse of our daughter – family tells boyfriend
- Explore Nigeria With These Top Four Tour Operators
- Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians For Democracy Walk
- Dino Melaye: I Was Never Framed Up, Arraigned For Fighting GEJ
- Offa Robbery: Police Finally Nab Two Notorious Leaders
- Woman Rescued From Suspected Kidnappers, Ritualists In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Obasanjo identifies 4 ways to prevent insecurity
- CBN calls on bankers to address challenges of fintech
- LASU VC reaffirms fairness, transparency, accountability to stakeholders
- Nigerian Govt inaugurates new website to bring governance closer to citizens
- Lagos hits N34bn monthly IGR – Ashade
- I regret supporting Saraki for Senate President – Ndume
- Northern youths urge Buhari, Atiku not to contest in 2019
- After 30 days in medical custody, Melaye healthy enough to lambast Aso Rock
- Ohaneze’s latest declaration will scare many politicians
- 15 Nigerian agencies failed to remit N8.1 trillion under Jonathan
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- ‘Entrepreneurship Key To Poverty Alleviation’
- I Made First Class Despite Distractions - UNILAG’s valedictorian
- Female Suicide Bomber Captured Alive As Good Men Stop Her From Killing People
- I Sell My Guns To Anyone That Needs Them - Suspect opens up
- APC Moves To Stop Saraki, Dogara, Others From Leaving Party
- Presidency raises alarm: Rich & corrupt ganging up against Buhari
- Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 6 Teachers In Benue
- 'APC Government Planning To Assassinate Me' - Gov. Wike
- Fashola To Lagos Govt.: Provide Land For Housing
- Young Cultists Raining Havoc In Nigerian Schools (DETAILS)
- I Will Die! Woman tears her dress after herdsman destroys cassava farm she took loan to cultivate
- God Is All You Need
- Man Kills Girlfriend For Money Ritual, Stuffs Her Body Inside Bucket In Lagos
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot