A forum of Rivers State ex- legislators has endorsed Governor Nyesom Wike for a second term in office.
The forum has as members, former Senators, members of the House of Representatives and those of the Rivers State House of Assembly from the first Republic to date.
There were over 25 involved in the solidarity visit to the Governor on Friday, as others attended a valedictory service in honour of their late colleague, Andrew Miller who represented Opobo/Nkoro constituency in the 7th Rivers Assembly.
It was not clear whether former legislators who are now members of the opposition APC in the state, joined in the visit to the governor.
The leader of the Forum, Senator Adawari Pepple who endorsed Governor Wike for a second term during a solidarity visit to the Governor in Port Harcourt, said members of the forum also passed a vote of confidence on the Governor.
Sen. Pepple said the Forum endorsed the governor for a second term based on the massive infrastructural development being witnessed by the people of the State.
“We are convinced by the Governor’s excellent performance and that he should continue to lead Rivers State beyond 2019,’’ he added.
“Therefore, as a forum, we call on the Governor to present himself to contest the 2019 Governorship election. We believe that the Rivers State Governor deserves a second term,” the Senator said.
Sen. Pepple lauded the efforts of the State Governor in ensuring that Prince Uche Secondus emerged as the PDP National Chairman.
Governor Nyesom Wike said his administration would continue to deliver development projects to every community in the State, irrespective of political affiliation.
The Governor stated that the mandate given him by the people presents an opportunity to serve them, adding that he would at all times place the people’s interest as priority in the scheme of things.
“We will never play politics with infrastructure. At present, we have ongoing projects in 22 out of the 23 Local Government areas. The remaining Local Government area will witness projects implementation by early next year,” he said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NRA promotion exam holds
- Ronaldo doesn’t guarantee Juventus the title, warns Allegri
- Kofi Anan dies in Switzerland
- NAFRC commandant pulled out from service
- Osun: Parties left out of ballot paper, INEC explains
- Nigeria loses N126.2Bn on abandoned FG properties in Lagos – Unilag Don
- Relatives protest as rescue efforts end at collapsed Abuja building
- Saraki, Ahmed under fire as EFCC tightens noose
- Your ambition a pipe dream, BMO tells Tambuwal
- Why 2019 elections may be delayed
- Story Of Woman & Her Two Daughters Impregnated By One Man
- See The Plane Biafra Leader Ojukwu Used In Fleeing From Nigeria During Civil War (Photos)
- Don't Expose Your Marriage to Your Mother if She Doesn't Respect The Word of God
- Lagos Big Boy, Mark Osigwe, Shot Dead By Assassins (Photos)
- We’ll Humiliate Saraki Out Of Office - APC Senator | He Replies
- Woman Shot Dead By NDLEA During Raid In Lagos
- EFCC Goes After Saraki, Gov. Ahmed Over N7Billion Bond
- APC Already Looking For A New Senate President?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Get Your Glow Back After Having A Baby
- Housemaid Kills Her Madam By Smashing Her Head With Stone
- Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom In Style, Received By Crowd (Photos)
- Businessman Killed By Cultists 'On Revenge Mission' In Delta
- Saraki’s 2019 Presidential Ambition Alters Calculations In PDP
- Two Dead, 20 Trapped As Building Collapsed In Abuja
- 2019: The Big Battle For PDP Presidential Ticket Hots Up
- Demolition of my N800m music house political –Yinka Ayefele
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution